Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:33:59 PM EDT
I am now officially a Kentuckian!!!! Got into Louisville this past Wednesday and missed the heat wave. However, coming from Birmingham, AL this weather almost feels like October in B'ham. I am loving it already. My family and I have settled into temporary housing until the carpet is finished in the home. Once I get fully settled, I will be needing some of the fellow board members to show me some local ranges/fields to shoot. I did take some time today to visit KY Imports and Shooter Supply. Both had their pros and cons. Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to the locals and hopefully we can hook up some time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:06 AM EDT
Welcome.... You should check out the Jefferson County Sportmen's Club, Indoor pistol range, trap, black powder and fishing. For outdoor shooting check out Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:31:42 AM EDT
Welcome to KY!

Best of all, your right there next to Knob Creek range, home of the infamous bi-annual Machinegun Shoot . You definately don't want to miss that, plus it's the best gun show you'll find in these parts.c
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:39:06 PM EDT
Welcome to Kentucky!

From a previous post it looks like you are close to Knob Creek. We should have a "Welcome cgcg97 to Ky" shoot out there in the next few weeks. I'm sure you're not too busy with the new house and all...

Bob
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
Thanks all--As for Knob Creek, I am about 30-40 miles away. I am living in East Louisville off of Hourstborne. However, right now I am in temporary housing. My AR, AK, and FAL will be shipped with my household goods probably in about two and half weeks. And for KY Bob--Sounds great!!!! I will let you know when my stuff finally arrives, by that time, I will need some time away from the stress.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:29:58 PM EDT
Welcome glad to have you on board. With that Temp housing situation you mentioned you must be military, am i right? Anyway welcome and dont listen to that poser Polyak above he's nothing but trouble!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:50:48 AM EDT
cgcg97; welcome to Kentucky, however you must remember (and you will find this more evident as time goes on); If you live in Louisville, you are a Louisvillian, not necessarily a Kentuckian.
You'll learn, as time goes by.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:25:33 AM EDT
Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:32:06 PM EDT
Not military, I am in temp housing waiting on my household goods from Birmingham. I took a job promotion which brought me up here (HR Manager--LOL)

Louisvillian!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:08 PM EDT
Louseyvillian!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:03:35 PM EDT
Alright!! I am in and ready to break in a range with anyone who would wants to go! The house still need a lot of painting but that can wait....So, anyone willing to show the new Louisvillian around? I am a novice to rifles but really enjoyed the AR shoot with the Alabama fellows. I find I learn a lot and best of all meet some real people outside of work that share in the same hobby.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:21:12 PM EDT
Welcome, I work in the 'ville, so I'm up for a shoot too. Hopefully my schedule will settle down a little now.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:03:58 AM EDT
welcome, hope you enjoy your stay
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:33:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cgcg97:
Thanks all--As for Knob Creek, I am about 30-40 miles away. I am living in East Louisville off of Hourstborne. However, right now I am in temporary housing. My AR, AK, and FAL will be shipped with my household goods probably in about two and half weeks. And for KY Bob--Sounds great!!!! I will let you know when my stuff finally arrives, by that time, I will need some time away from the stress.

You are out by me. I can take you to our Sports Club in Fern Creek if you like. It does not allow full-auto but it is a nice range.

Now if you want the full-auto tour we need to go to the creek.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:03:08 PM EDT
KY Bob--I would love to take you up on that offer. No need for full auto-all SA. As long as the range is at least 100yrds I am good. Just let me know when. I might has plans for Labor Day weekend, not for sure though
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:28:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cgcg97:
KY Bob--I would love to take you up on that offer. No need for full auto-all SA. As long as the range is at least 100yrds I am good. Just let me know when. I might has plans for Labor Day weekend, not for sure though

Check you IM for details. Anyone else want to tag along? I can take one or two more. Any more than that and we should probably shift it to Knob Creek.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:32:20 PM EDT
I'm interested, when are we talking about? I have plans for Labor Day unfortunately.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
The more the better. Maybe we should start a new thread with a new header to generate some interest. People probably getting tired of seeing me move! LOL
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:07:54 PM EDT
That might be a good idea.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:05 PM EDT
cgcg97 welcome to KY! Better late than never.

I always forget to check the hometown board.

KY_BOB my ears perked up about a shoot. I'm game as long as I am in town.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:35:55 PM EDT
So when are you in town?

Bob
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:52 AM EDT
You will enjoy KY, I plan on moving back home when I retire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:56:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 11:57:34 AM EDT by Greg3]

Originally Posted By Ky_Bob:
So when are you in town?

Bob

When the cargo is down I am in town.

We may be busy for the next few months working with FEMA. It's not the kind of busy I like, too many people will be homeless.

Shoot me a E-mail and I wil try to work around the shoot date and yell if you need any help getting things ready. I will send Jenn up to help ya.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
Can't do this weekend (Labor Day Weekend) Hopefully some time in the next couple of weeks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:36:36 PM EDT
A belated welcome to you!
Top Top