Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2005 5:33:59 PM EDT
I am now officially a Kentuckian!!!!  Got into Louisville this past Wednesday and missed the heat wave.  However, coming from Birmingham, AL this weather almost feels like October in B'ham.  I am loving it already.  My family and I have settled into temporary housing until the carpet is finished in the home.  Once I get fully settled, I will be needing some of the fellow board members to show me some local ranges/fields to shoot.  I did take some time today to visit KY Imports and Shooter Supply.  Both had their pros and cons.  Anyway, just wanted to give a shout out to the locals and hopefully we can hook up some time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome....  You should check out the Jefferson County Sportmen's Club,  Indoor pistol range, trap, black powder and fishing.  For outdoor shooting check out Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to KY!  

Best of all, your right there next to Knob Creek range, home of the infamous bi-annual Machinegun Shoot .  You definately don't want to miss that, plus it's the best gun show you'll find in these parts.c
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to Kentucky!

From a previous post it looks like you are close to Knob Creek. We should have a "Welcome cgcg97 to Ky" shoot out there in the next few weeks. I'm sure you're not too busy with the new house and all...

Bob
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all--As for Knob Creek, I am about 30-40 miles away.  I am living in East Louisville off of Hourstborne.  However, right now I am in temporary housing.  My AR, AK, and FAL will be shipped with my household goods probably in about two and half weeks.  And for KY Bob--Sounds great!!!! I will let you know when my stuff finally arrives, by that time, I will need some time away from the stress.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome glad to have you on board.  With that Temp housing situation you mentioned you must be military, am i right?  Anyway welcome and dont listen to that poser Polyak above he's nothing but trouble!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
cgcg97; welcome to Kentucky, however you must remember (and you will find this more evident as time goes on); If you live in Louisville, you are a Louisvillian, not necessarily a Kentuckian.
You'll learn, as time goes by.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Not military, I am in temp housing waiting on my household goods from Birmingham.  I took a job promotion which brought me up here (HR Manager--LOL)  

Louisvillian!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Louseyvillian!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright!!  I am in and ready to break in a range with anyone who would wants to go!  The house still need a lot of painting but that can wait....So, anyone willing to show the new Louisvillian around?  I am a novice to rifles but really enjoyed the AR shoot with the Alabama fellows.  I find I learn a lot and best of all meet some real people outside of work that share in the same hobby.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome, I work in the 'ville, so I'm up for a shoot too.  Hopefully my schedule will settle down a little now.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
welcome, hope you enjoy your stay
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks all--As for Knob Creek, I am about 30-40 miles away.  I am living in East Louisville off of Hourstborne.  However, right now I am in temporary housing.  My AR, AK, and FAL will be shipped with my household goods probably in about two and half weeks.  And for KY Bob--Sounds great!!!! I will let you know when my stuff finally arrives, by that time, I will need some time away from the stress.  

You are out by me. I can take you to our Sports Club in Fern Creek if you like. It does not allow full-auto but it is a nice range.

Now if you want the full-auto tour we need to go to the creek.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
KY Bob--I would love to take you up on that offer.  No need for full auto-all SA.  As long as the range is at least 100yrds I am good.  Just let me know when.  I might has plans for Labor Day weekend, not for sure though
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
KY Bob--I would love to take you up on that offer.  No need for full auto-all SA.  As long as the range is at least 100yrds I am good.  Just let me know when.  I might has plans for Labor Day weekend, not for sure though

Check you IM for details. Anyone else want to tag along? I can take one or two more. Any more than that and we should probably shift it to Knob Creek.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm interested, when are we talking about?  I have plans for Labor Day unfortunately.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#17]
The more the better.  Maybe we should start a new thread with a new header to generate some interest.  People probably getting tired of seeing me move!  LOL
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
That might be a good idea.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
cgcg97 welcome to KY! Better late than never.

I always forget to check the hometown board.

KY_BOB my ears perked up about a shoot. I'm game as long as I am in town.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]
So when are you in town?

Bob
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#21]
You will enjoy KY, I plan on moving back home when I retire.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So when are you in town?

Bob

When the cargo is down I am in town.

We may be busy for the next few months working with FEMA. It's not the kind of busy I like, too many people will be homeless.

Shoot me a E-mail and I wil try to work around the shoot date and yell if you need any help getting things ready. I will send Jenn up to help ya.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't do this weekend (Labor Day Weekend)  Hopefully some time in the next couple of weeks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
A belated welcome to you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top