Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2018 6:54:30 AM EDT
Moved to southern MD last September for the job, been on the waiting list at Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's club for two weeks shy of a year and just got my membership this week.  It's been a very dry shooting year, I hope to make up for that soon.

I really like the relatively rural atmosphere of southern MD, but, no offense to Marylanders, I'm hoping to only be here 3-5 years then out again.  But for now, I'm happy to not have to drive to Virginia to go shooting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.
And here I've been crying it ain't rural anymore.
Little different 50 years ago.
But I guess most places are!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome.
And here I've been crying it ain't rural anymore.
Little different 50 years ago.
But I guess most places are!
View Quote
Thank you and you are right, it's definitely not as rural as it used to be.  When I was a kid (early '70's), we visited our relatives in La Plata (the Tippet and Buckler clans).  It seemed as rural there as it was from where we were from in tremendously rural Idaho.  Driving from La Plata to DC (to visit the Capitol) seemed like such a loooong drive.  I'll apologize up front that I'm one of the people likely driving housing prices up in St. Mary's County.

I'm just happy that there's still a range here and that I now have access.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you and you are right, it's definitely not as rural as it used to be.  When I was a kid (early '70's), we visited our relatives in La Plata (the Tippet and Buckler clans).  It seemed as rural there as it was from where we were from in tremendously rural Idaho.  Driving from La Plata to DC (to visit the Capitol) seemed like such a loooong drive.  I'll apologize up front that I'm one of the people likely driving housing prices up in St. Mary's County.

I'm just happy that there's still a range here and that I now have access.
View Quote
Will be a private indoor range nearby too, just broke ground this week. Flat Broke Shooters.

LOL can't swing a dead cat w/ out hitting a Buckler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top