Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 3:12:22 PM EDT by TREETOP]
Damn - the 101 between Chandler Blvd and the Superstition is the filthiest, most garbage-strewn stretch of freeway this side of Detroit.

WTF is their problem and who's responsible for cleaning that?

Don't they have enough folks on chaingangs anymore?

Hell mon - they could at least go to any intersection in Guadalupe and get a crew of illegals to get out there and clean it up - at least get the doing SOMETHING besides sitting around the streetcorners.

It's fricking embarassing to drive down that stretch of freeway it's so fucking filthy.

UPDATE:

Dunn blasts freeway litter
Mayor wants state to clean it up in Chandler

Edythe Jensen
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 12, 2006 12:00 AM

Litter is turning Chandler freeways into eyesores, and Mayor Boyd Dunn wants the state to do a better job keeping them tidy.

"Citizens are calling the city, thinking it's our responsibility; it's not," Dunn said. "But the freeways are gateways to our community; they say something about our pride in our city."

In a Jan. 5 letter to Arizona Department of Transportation Director Victor Mendez, Dunn said he has heard that freeway cleanups have been suspended until February. "This is an unacceptable way to manage a major public asset that is used by thousands of motorists every day," the letter said.

Dunn said he hasn't received a response.

ADOT spokesman Doug Nintzel said Wednesday that the twice-monthly cleanups have not been suspended but there might have been work delays during the holidays.

But Chandler Public Works Director Bryan Patterson, a former ADOT employee, disputes Nintzel and said freeway maintenance contractors told him the cleanups were suspended. "They said the money was gone," Patterson said. "I drove it today, and it's the worst I've ever seen."

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:41:03 PM EDT
WHOA!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:34 AM EDT
Be glad you don't live around Tucson....

Wes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:23:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Partywaggin:
Be glad you don't live around Tucson....

Wes

We don't have any freeways to get dirty. It takes 45 minutes to an hour just to go the 7 or 8 miles across this damn "city" most times.
Plenty of potholes, traffic jams and liberals though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:00:55 PM EDT
... That's one of my pet peeves, people that flick their cigarette butts out into the street instead of using their ashtrays. Studies indicate that they're the same people that eat their boogers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... That's one of my pet peeves, people that flick their cigarette butts out into the street instead of using their ashtrays. Studies indicate that they're the same people that eat their boogers.

I eat my boogers but don't smoke. What does that make me?

Spectre,

I-10 from Cortaro past Marana was a total shithole until they started widening it. At least the median is clean now.

Wes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:54:25 PM EDT
When I saw the title, I was thinking of the same exact stretch of highway. Its worse than Mexico. A bad part of Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 10:00:01 PM EDT by mindtrix]

Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
When I saw the title, I was thinking of the same exact stretch of highway. Its worse than Mexico. A bad part of Mexico.

There is a good part of Mexihole?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:31:38 PM EDT
Bump for update: Dunn blasts freeway litter

The Arizona Republic
Jan. 12, 2006
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:33:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

... Chandler Mayor Must Surf Here

... Bro, more people surf the ARFCOM AZ HTF than you'd ever imagine
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:17:50 AM EDT
But Chandler Public Works Director Bryan Patterson, a former ADOT employee, disputes Nintzel and said freeway maintenance contractors told him the cleanups were suspended. "They said the money was gone," Patterson said. "I drove it today, and it's the worst I've ever seen."

They don't use chain gangs for freeway trash cleanup anymore? Anyone know? Bueler... Beuler...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:21:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:34:04 PM EDT
Funny, I hit that stretch of freeway on the way back into town on Jan 3rd and it looked fine.

I-10 just north of Phoenix on the other hand IS a total shithole.
Top Top