Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:32:55 PM EDT
A very good friend of mine, and fellow NVHTF ARFcom member, Jason Christensen died on Sunday. Jason Christensen

Jason was a registered nurse (maybe some of the health care professionals here on the board knew him), and he also enjoyed breeding dogs.

Jason was one of my students, a good friend, a fellow shooter, and just an all around great guy. He leaves behind a wife and four children.

Jason will be sadly missed.

ETA: Jason went by the screen name "Tlaloc" here on the board.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
37 yrs old - RIP

How did he go out?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Very sorry to hear about it.  I noticed from the obituary that he was 37 years old.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad to see someone die so young.
I'll bet he knew how fortunate he was to have a friend like you, Joe.
My prayers for his family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew Jason as a boss.  He hired me when he was department manager at Spring Valley Hosptial.  Let me tell you that he's the type of guy you want to work under.  No contact with him since he resigned and now I'm a bit saddened to shockingly hear this news.  A good guy will be missed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
My sympathies to his family and friends. 37 used to seem old...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I met him when I worked a short stint at Spring Valley, great guy. My condolences.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've just returned home from Jason's viewing.

I had an in depth conversation with his wife, and she said that he came home from work Monday morning (she works days and he works nights) and they had breakfast and then Jason went to bed.

She said that when she went to put something in the bedroom she discovered that he was already gone.

Jason wanted to take my Holster Course this weekend, and when I didn't hear from him to confirm I thought that something had come up, or maybe he just changed his mind. It is not like Jason not to call. All I can say is never rush to judgement, because you never know.

It will be weird not having him there to train with on Saturday, so I am going to dedicate the course in his memory.

And if all of the above wasn't enough for me to handle in one day, I learned that another friend of mine lost a son this week. My attorney friend, John Watkins, lost his son Eric on Sunday, April 16th. I went to Eric's viewing tonight before I went to Jason's.

I'm tired of bad shit happening to good people.

Thanks for all the support.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks WP,

It really hasn't sunk-in yet.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]
R.I.P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top