Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 10:04:44 AM EDT
I do, so I'm going to take the money it would have cost me in gas and tolls to drive there, double it, and donate it to the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association.  Hopefully their use of the money will be more effective than my going to the rally.
Anybody else in ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll do it when I can get to a computer. I really wanted to go, but I'm on crutches for at least the next couple of days.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Not feeling guilty just thinking tthe ime to speak out has already passed and it fell on deaf ears.
After Tuesday, speaking out turned to lawyering up. I am doing the same, giving money to NYSR&P, NRA & SCOPE.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]
ok sounds good i'l due the same! lets keep the fight going. fuck gov homo, and dam them all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I couldnt go but i made 8 signs for the guys to carry,  i just hope that they were good.  

Looks like a good turnout.   Seriously wish i was there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Call me crazy, but what did NYSRPA do about AWB1 which has been around for 13 years or so?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Call me crazy, but what did NYSRPA do about AWB1 which has been around for 13 years or so?

Staying tuned on an answer to this one
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Same here, going to be joining the NYSRPA and joined the NRA yesterday :) Wish I could have gone in person.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
i had to work overtime, at my job, if i didn't work i was getting laid off again, (last time i was out of work for 86 weeks) i donated the entire days pay to the NRA
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

i had to work overtime, at my job, if i didn't work i was getting laid off again, (last time i was out of work for 86 weeks) i donated the entire days pay to the NRA

wow.   thats awesome of you

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I couldnt go but i made 8 signs for the guys to carry,  i just hope that they were good.  

The signs worked perfect and I kept hearing people use them for reference points to where they were in the crowd(right in the front).
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't know what they did  then, but personally knowing those in control now I believe they would have done everything possible to stop it, or neuter it as best they could.

I DO feel guilty about not making it down. I have plenty of reasons and excuses, but with a maximum range of zero meters none will replace my absence.  We are prepairing now and will act when called upon.

Those of you who belong to Local Clubs: Does your Club belong to NYSRPA? Can you, will you speak to the Board and the general membership asking them to help in the fight, no longer is it just about evil black rifles and magazines that hold more than the traditional five used when hunting, wait until this Fall when they try to buy ammo....you think it's an inconvience when the Wal-Mart clerk asks for a handgun license to buy a box of shells now, just wait.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Cuomo signs that had Tyrant across his face were a huge hit!! Everytime I turned around somebody was wanting to take a picture of it. Everybody loved the signs!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]
NYSRPA announced today that they will be throwing anchor this week and going to battle..
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NYSRPA announced today that they will be throwing anchor this week and going to battle..

Once again, where were they 13 years ago. In fact where was a lot of people. Every time someone would bring up a AWB challenge the "don't rock the boat" answers were given.

Also, unless the names litigating this are Gura or Kilmer we are set up for failing hard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
NYSRPA doanted $1,000 to underwrite the cost of the rally. Tom King announced that. Brenda was working the crowd and handing out NYSRPA apps. I was lucky enough to say hi. She has been pretty darned busy.

We need to absolutely slam the next rally.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, where were they 13 years ago. In fact where was a lot of people. Every time someone would bring up a AWB challenge the "don't rock the boat" answers were given.

Also, unless the names litigating this are Gura or Kilmer we are set up for failing hard.

I can't speak of the past, the time is now and they are stepping up to the plate

I don't know who they are working with but I am assuming with the NRA it's gonna be someone with the ability to get this going

I would also like to see who's on board and what's gonna happen as well

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Donation sent!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN.  I don't understand how you can claim to have the two best 2nd Amendment attorneys in the country without Gura being one of them.  I would hope (and believe) he is on board, but I haven't heard so from a credible source yet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

.....hmmm, 13 years, yep 13 years ago I was at a Second Amendment Sisters rally in Albany.
was there yesterday too

You can ask all ya want about what "they" did; the bigger question is
what did YOU do?   What are you going to do?

Quit bitchin and start doing.

Write...Call...March......Write...Call...March.......Write....Call...March

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
another rally coming in February, first or second Tuesday of the month,

I'll post information when I get more details.

Consider donating to SCOPE Legal Defense fund also, we have been in the fight as well.

http://scopeny.org/defenseproject/index.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We need to absolutely slam the next rally.

This.  Being >900 miles away is just about the only thing that could have (and did) keep me away.  Next time, I'm there, and I'm bringing company.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I just donated to NYSRPA and I am offering up a bigger donation for the first org to state that they are going to file suit against NY!

I did not know about Albany until too late!  I would have gone if I had known.
I went to Huntington Station instead to make some noise.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call and ask Tom King, President
Joe DeBergalis VP
or Jacob J. Rieper, Vice President of Legislative & Political Affairs.
One or all will answer your questions, but please don't waste their time if you are not, or have no intention of being a member. I KNOW they are fully committed to the cause and their uncompensated time is worth more than the price of membership.
We want and need all the members we can get, but those hung up on past history aren't worth the diversion now.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ifor the first org to state that they are going to file suit against NY!

Bill

wrong....SCOPE had a lawyer hours after the bill was passed into law.
SCOPE has a lawyer reviewing the bill before we file suit. And we will file a suit.
Also, SCOPE alerted our members of pending possible vote 4 days before NYSRPA did.
SCOPE was out front of this legislation by far.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ifor the first org to state that they are going to file suit against NY!

Bill

wrong....SCOPE had a lawyer hours after the bill was passed into law.
SCOPE has a lawyer reviewing the bill before we file suit. And we will file a suit.
Also, SCOPE alerted our members of pending possible vote 4 days before NYSRPA did.
SCOPE was out front of this legislation by far.

Lets not let rivalry or "whose got the biggest dick" detract from the goal here.
SCOPE is a fine organization with a noble mission, same is to be said of NYSRPA even though they do not always agree or proceed in the same manner, this is far too important to divide ourselves on, and it will take everything we can muster to overturn this Act  of treason.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Go to one in Westchester NY ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top