Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 1:43:03 PM EDT
I got an e-mail, as I'm sure lots of you have, from Gunsafe with a pitch from Valley Firearms in Shelton. Before I make the trek down RT8 to Shelton, about an hour from me, I'd like any feedback, positive or otherwise. I usually shop at Newington Gun Exchange or Hoffmans but in checking out Valley's website they look like they may be worth a visit. The reason I'm asking for feedback is that I caught a hint in a post that they may not be all they're cracked up to be.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
in my experience, you'd do better going to almost any other gunshop in CT. It's certainly not worth an hour drive, since it's a little hole in the wall and their prices and service suck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a transfer pending with Valley right now. They seem very professional so far, the store may be small but it is well stocked and the owner seems very knowledgable. They seem to be very by the books and have great feedback on gunbroker.com. I'll wait to leave my definative answer until after my transfer is complete but I would recommend them at this point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Valley firearms service isn't worth an hour trip. They have a very small store which thrives on selling used guns at NIB prices. They rape you on ammo and are the epitome of "Know it all" gun guys who really don't know half as much as the average gun enthusiast with access to internet gun boards.

The reason the trip IS worth it is because there are 3 other gun shops on or off that same road. K5arms, Deandre's, and CT sportsmen all within 10 min of Valley firearms. They may or may not be the cheapest or best service either, but at least you can spend the day looking.

Frank at K-5arms is a good guy and stocks high end items. He's one of the few store fronts around who will get you anything you want. Most shops in ct work under the idea that if they don't stock it, no one wants it, or its just crap.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
just go to sportsmen's outpost in wolcott
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
The thing about Valley, even though they are great guys, they know more about handguns.  I try and get to that shop whenever I'm back in CT, as it's right up the road from me.  In my experience, they're great guys to deal with, but their prices are a little high.  Some good deals come through every once in a while, but it's pretty rare.  They may not have the size store that K5, D'Andreas, or CT Gun Exchange has, but they will get something for you if you simply ask.  It's alot easier when they already know your face/trust you.  If you are going down there just to look around, just like some of the guys said here, then I don't think it's worth the drive, but like was also posted, there's three other shops around there you can check out.  Just remember, it's Fairfield County, and everything's more expensive there.  Oh and they do have an open house this Saturday starting at 10, so you never know what deals there may be on Saturday, probably a few good ones, plus a few firearms manufacturers reps to talk to.  Hope this helps,
Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top