Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2003 9:19:24 AM EDT
Is there any way you can get a group buy from Federal for the XM-193 ammo?....My DPMS ar15 shoots this ammo very well, and was wondering if we got a bunch of shooters together and bought a big supply, would Federal go for it, with a decent price?............
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be bad ass if possible.

I would trade a healthy portion of my unemployment check for said product.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If it were possible, y'all know I'd go for it!!!

M193 kicks ass!  THE BEST, IMHO for my AR15.

Also, FedGunner, you never got back to me about last week...  HOW WAS THE TACTICAL SHOTGUN COURSE???  I bet you surely enjoyed it!!!    Someday you gotta show me some interesting tricks you learned, or perhaps show me some faster loading technique stuff you may have learned!!!  There's always next year for me to take the course though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of pricing do you think you might be able to get?   CheaperThanDirt.com currently has said ammo at $3.79/box :

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=AMM%2D207&thru=fr&mscssid=18LNDFCLWKJM9NCRL8GS4RGG455K8LH6

You're right - it's great stuff.  My Bushy loves it as well.  Count me in.

Cheers,
Brad
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Realistically speaking though, I don't think he'd be able to get Federal M193 for a group buy...  

-inuhbadnayburhood
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought 1500 rounds probably out of Shotgun News some time ago, still have most of it, and thought since my ar shoots it very well, it wouldn't hurt to see if Fedgunner could get us a break on prices...I forgot what I paid for it, will have to look it up........
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

I'll ask, but don't hold your breath.

They are pretty much "Through Distributor only" kind of bussiness.

But I'll check with Marketing and see if there is a way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
If you guys give me an idea of how much you want I can sometimes get it for $3.30 a box. I can't order it that often but will help when I can. Right now I could get it pretty easilly if I could do one bulk order for everyone.
XM193 is what my Bushmaster loves!

Edited to add: You would have to pick it up from me in the Golden Valley area(or meet me at the range sometime). There would be no shipping costs, but tax would be applied.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#8]
XM193 is what I've got now too,  but Q3131A is pretty spectacular through a 16" AR.

QuinlanV thats a decent deal,  the mil-spec I've purchased before was 89.99 or so for a 500 round case + tax.

If a real good deal went down I'd probably try to buy 3 or 4 cases (500/case).
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Fedgunner.....thanks for trying anyway, you never know, they might agree to give us a break.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
You would most likley have to buy a pallet of ammo to get a deal.  I know a couple of the sales reps over at Federal  I will give one of them a call in the morning. The best deal I ever got out of Federal is when the comapny I work for was still part of Federal Cartridge, we used to be able  to get employee discounts which was $2.00 a box for centerfire cartridges, and rimfire for around .01 cent per round.
That all ended in 1997   but I still have a good stockpile.

Let me know I will make the call.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top