Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 6:23:14 AM EDT
Most of the time when you think of Arms Dealers, you think of ex-spooks or shady characters selling guns and ammo to thrid world countries and hiding from prosecution.    Well here is a great story of two guys in their early 20s that made millions doing weapon and ammunition deals with the federal government to supply middle eastern countries during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.   100% legal, and backed by the US government.  They made millions!  Until....

It is a long article, but worth reading if you have some time.

For those that don't have the time, here is the short version...

Two guys start a small company and register with FedBizOps (Federal Market Place for contracts)
Use computer and cell phone to make international contacts for arms trade
Bid on numerous large deals and undercut large companies prices to win lucrative contracts
President Bush mandates that small businesses get mandatory parts of contract awards so that large companies don't take them all.  Gives small businesses a chance to compete for Fed dollars.
Greed gets the best of them and they try to sell Chinese ammo for the contracts which is illegal since Chinese weapons are banned by US Government for import to trade.  
Guys get caught and sentenced to jail and banned from owing or selling weapons ever again..

Had they not gotten greedy, they would still be living on the high hog for sure.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-stoner-arms-dealers-20110316
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Its an older story but very interesting what a few highly motivated individuals can do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Karma is a bitch....

At least 1/2 of this pair is part of Botach, a company has screwed more people than the whores at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.

TD
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I didnt' realize one of them is part of Botach.  Makes sense.  Those bastards fraudulently charged my credit card a few years ago and I had to get another card.  I will never use them again after what they did to Derek and my credit card.

Quoted:
Karma is a bitch....

At least 1/2 of this pair screwed is part of Botach, a company has screwed more people than the whores at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.

TD

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Those guys are and were dick heads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top