Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2007 6:50:48 PM EST
A while back it was mentioned that we have a get together for Feb 23rd, the day the flag was raised on Iwo. I know it takes a while to get thes things put together. So I figured I would get it started. And it just so happens that it falls on a friday this year. I was thinking something in the Atlanta area, Maybe the Brewhouse in LIttle 5 points. Great food and big beers. But mostly to keep it central.
Questions, comments, concerns?

Marines, Sailors, Who is interested? Bring your other Jarhead and Squid friends too
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 7:44:03 PM EST
I would be interested in that. I know the area but don't know any of the establishments there. All you need is two Marines and beer you got a party in the making.

Lets here from some of you others out there and get the logistics worked out.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 4:47:10 AM EST
The brewhouse is a great bar, with great food. And they have hugelike 32 ounce beers, Lots of imports and domestics. It is actually right in the middle of 5 points, On the corner of euclid and moreland, across from the square, at the red light. I dont care if theres only like 10 people there. Since I had to work on the Marine Corps Birthday!
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 10:17:56 AM EST
I wouldn't mind something like this, I just don't care much for Downtown ATL. What day of the week is Feb 23rd. ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 11:38:37 AM EST
Little 5 points isnt reall alot like the rest of atlanta, And has actually calmed down alot from the way it used to be, Theres alot of gentrification going on in that area. The 23rd falls on a friday. I guess work wil have to get over it, and seeing how my boss is a Marine and was very interested in going. I guess she will make privisions to let me off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 12:00:39 PM EST
You guys should checkout the Blue Ribbon Grill in Tucker. Just off 285 and LaVista. Owner is a former former Marine. They have a good birthday party there every year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 3:07:42 PM EST
I want to try to keep it in a central location, I live in douglasville, thats a ways away from tucker
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 6:11:02 PM EST
so, not much interest here eh?
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 6:38:01 PM EST
I can bring two or three with me.

C'mon folks, it's gonna be a friday night. It's always good to get together, toast our brothers and say thank you.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 11:03:11 AM EST
That is a Thursday night. I would love to, but I work 1400-0000 with every other Monday and Friday off, so I couldn't make it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 11:39:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By LARRYG:
That is a Thursday night. I would love to, but I work 1400-0000 with every other Monday and Friday off, so I couldn't make it.

I'm showing the 23rd as being Friday-I should be off, so count me and possibly another in.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 11:55:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lawman734:

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

I'm showing the 23rd as being Friday-I should be off, so count me and possibly another in.....

Damn, you are correct. I looked at it wrong. I also will be off that Friday, so yeah, I am good to go. I would rather not have it anywhere near downtown or in the city limits of Atlanta, given that it is run by a bunch of loser dummycrats and Little Five Points in particular is eat up with leftists.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 12:30:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/30/2007 11:32:15 AM EST by glkdawg45]
I'm in ! Gives me a reason to take Friday off. Just need to narrow it down to a time and place.

I'm on the eastside, Loganville.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 8:01:50 PM EST
So wheres everyone at? I am in douglasville, On the LEFT side of atlanta!!!!! Lets get this narrowed down to a location. Being that I am a member of the American Legion, I could probably pull some strings and get us in one of the posts. That was we will be welcomed with open arms, and dont have to worry about getting into someplace shady!
Link Posted: 1/30/2007 11:08:24 AM EST
I'm in Cherokee Co. Any place in the metro area is fine with me.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/31/2007 9:28:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2007 9:32:15 AM EST by 762bodydropper]
Is Marietta good for you guys?
Marietta american legion
Link Posted: 2/3/2007 4:15:24 AM EST
Ok guys, heres the best options I can come up with, Marietta american legion as posted above, I havent contacted them, Buy the commander as friends with my father, and my father said he would have no problem, I am gonna try to contact him this weekend. The other, and alot easier option, would be the american legion post in mableton, NO problem with getting it, I have been a member since 2000 and my pops has been a member for I dunno like 20 something years.

You guys make the call, I know I can get either one. SO what say you guys?

For those of you who have never been to a Legion Post, Its a veteran orginization generally heavily involved witht he community, and I believe its the largest. they have A couple different branches, The American Legion, The American Legion Ladies Auxillary, The Sons of the American Legion, and the Junior Auxillary. You can search and find a varitable cornucopia of info on them.

Basically its a bar where a buncha vets get together and talk about what ever old vets talk about, with VERY reasonable priced drinks, and obviously a very vet friendly environment....
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 12:53:23 PM EST
Day's getting close now. We need some comitments from you jarheads, who's gonna be there. I'll commit now with one extra and a spouse. Who else is going to be there?

Chris
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 4:23:54 PM EST
Ok guys, I can deffinately get the mableton post. Hell, CDT if nothing me and you and a couple I know will get together.
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 4:43:28 PM EST
Works for me.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/11/2007 4:50:47 PM EST
How about some directions to the Mableton post.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 11:02:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/12/2007 11:13:34 AM EST by 762bodydropper]
IM inbound

Anyone else need directions just IM me or you can search for it on the legion website. I have just bought flags of our fathers, so maybe we can watch that as it would be fitting for such an occasion
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:26:23 PM EST
Roll call, who else is planning to attend. My better half and I as well as one other Jarhead and his better half.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 6:06:18 PM EST
Well, I am going to CMP Thursday night to return Friday afternoon. Barring anything unforeseen, I should be there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:35:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 2:45:44 PM EST by LARRYG]
Silly question...........what time should we be there?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:08:58 PM EST
8 or so will be fine...It slocked in My pops and I plus one or 2 od my friends are gonna be there. I will send you guys my number.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:13:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By 762bodydropper:
8 or so will be fine...It slocked in My pops and I plus one or 2 od my friends are gonna be there. I will send you guys my number.

I am in Heflin, AL right now. I am going to CMP in the morning. My daughter, her hubby, and my grandson live in Powder Springs. I am going to swing by there on the way back into town and go to Andrew's (my grandson) baseball practice. I will give you a call in the afternoon. I got your number.

The baseball practice should be over in plenty of time, then Andrew will be going to his grandma's house (my ex) and Michelle and Tommy are going out, so I will be heading over there after practice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:41:33 PM EST
It was nice meeting you guys. I had a good time.

cdtracing, how was your house?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:03:54 AM EST
A great time was had by all. My neighbor hasnt been out in like 2 years. So he needed it. Thanks for showing up guys.
Top Top