Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2006 2:11:58 PM EDT
I am curious as to which hangun everyone locally prefers. As I am a believer that you will carry your best gun. Which handgun will you carry once the CCW is passed.

I have carried my GLOCK 19 for 10+ years now and will continue to do so

P.S. while i understand we might have preferances for comp, target or fun shooting I am curious as to the gun you will DEPEND on when your life is on the line
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock what else is there when your life is on the line.

Have a 27 now but am looking into a 19

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
My G19.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a Springfield Armory V10 Ultra compact, SS, highly beveled, ported, single action, hogue grip, wide ejection port, adj trigger, skeleton hammer, ramped and fully supported bull barrel, low Novak sites, plus a few other features.  The round is 45 cal, 165 steel jacket hollow point personal defense round. It looks like a smaller version 1911. Reliable and high quality.   I carried my Glock mod 22 for a while, and mod 27, great gun, but the 45 cal is a great stopper and the gun fits my hand better.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
CrotalusCo, you bringing the 19 on the 25th?  Been thinking about getting one, but want to shoot one first.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]

CrotalusCo, you bringing the 19 on the 25th? Been thinking about getting one, but want to shoot one first.

Never leave home without it :)

Ya ill have it, but heads up after so many years of carry its not as pretty as the ones in the store. Its also 2nd gen.

I actually was going to get another 3rd gen but I liked my new px4 so came home with it. Doubt it will replace my G19 as carry. Id still like to get another G19 Gen3 and maybe even a 26 but my next 2 purchases need to be a good over/under and a 1911
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I am pretty fond of my Springfield XD40.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to say my Sig P229 .40 S&W
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
My 1911 or my G17.... either one would give me a warm fuzzy if I had to carry. and if I had to use either one it would make the other guy feel real warm for about .05 seconds.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Beretta what else is there when your life is on the line.

BTH out

Fixed it for you.

Beretta 92FS.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a coin toss between the Mark 23 and an XD Tactical.

I figure the Mk23 has the imtimidation factor.

================================
Of the troops and for the troops.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beretta what else is there when your life is on the line.

BTH out

Fixed it for you.

Beretta 92FS.

They named 'em FS because they're always for sale, right?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am curious as to which hangun everyone locally prefers. As I am a believer that you will carry your best gun. Which handgun will you carry once the CCW is passed.

I have carried my GLOCK 19 for 10+ years now and will continue to do so

P.S. while i understand we might have preferances for comp, target or fun shooting I am curious as to the gun you will DEPEND on when your life is on the line

g19 here with corbons
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]
fullsize Baby Eagle in 9mm

With a glock as backup
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Glock G19 with Heine slant pro, race cut sights.  And a high tech inner tube grip.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:21:49 AM EDT
[#15]
G23....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#16]
G31 with Rangers, or Gold Dots.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beretta what else is there when your life is on the line.H

Fixed it for you.

Beretta 92FS.

They named 'em FS because they're always for sale, right?

Beretta Italian for jam!        hock.gif
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Right now my favorite is a HKP9S 45 target.  But the Glock 19 is #2
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Right now it is My Glock.  The one I started shooting with. BUT based on my clothing (says hubby) It is going to be too hard to conceal it.. Will have to practice on a smaller size if I am going to carry as I am NOT comfortable with having it in my purse.. WAY to easy to loose it or have it stolen if someone were to take my purse...

decisions decisions....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
only thing id feel confortable recomending smaller then the 19 would be the 26 or a true ppk

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
only thing id feel confortable recomending smaller then the 19 would be the 26 or a true ppk

I will just eat lots of onions and keep em' away with my bad breath!!!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Glock G19 with Heine slant pro, race cut sights.

Same here! I saw Drawcut's sights and decided to go with them on my G19. I love them and the gun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#23]
92G Elite.    Always works.  Every time.  Fits my hand better and shoots better in my opinion than the G22 I sold before getting it.    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#24]
H&K USP for me fullsize. "designer combat tuperware" Sully  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
92G Elite.    Always works.  Every time.  Fits my hand better and shoots better in my opinion than the G22 I sold before getting it.    

You made a new friend today.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You made a new friend today.

That's always a good thing...

I will see you in Shiocton
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Glock G30.

10+1 of .45 ACP with absolute reliability makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  Added bonuses: it has less felt recoil than my 1911A1 with a couple more rounds to boot.  

Glocks may be ugly, but they work like a pistol should and never get any uglier.  I love my 1911, but I prefer a Glock to carry.

I considered a G19 for a long time, but I just feel better with a .45 instead of a 9mm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/curvewrecker/45acp9tf.jpg
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Glock G30.

10+1 of .45 ACP with absolute reliability makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  Added bonuses: it has less felt recoil than my 1911A1 with a couple more rounds to boot.  

Glocks may be ugly, but they work like a pistol should and never get any uglier.  I love my 1911, but I prefer a Glock to carry.

I considered a G19 for a long time, but I just feel better with a .45 instead of a 9mm.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/curvewrecker/45acp9tf.jpg

It is a fact if I hit you with two 9mm to the chest and one to the head you will never know the difference! A hit with a 9mm trumps a miss with a 45acp all day everyday! YMMVFlame on the old 9mmVS45 debate! We discuse these things because it is fun!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#29]
+1 for that Death451

the .45 vs 9mm is so played out but you know how stubborn those 1911 45acp guys can be
Some day they will realize it isn't the size of the of the round but what you do with it

Flamethower   Thanx for fixing that for me I always wanted to know what the best weapon there is for thowing at someone when it quits working, know I know  I'll keep my ugly utilitarian functioning low maintenance all go no show Glock.  And eventually you will come over to the darkside.  

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Flame on the old 9mmVS45 debate! We discuse these things because it is fun!hr

I'm glad someone realizes its all in fun, some other boards take these things WAAAYYY too seriously.

h.gif
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Springfield Armory XD40, or Yugo Krink pistol.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Springfield Armory XD40, or Yugo Krink pistol.

that's gotta be a bitch to carry! especially with a full magazine, but hey at least you know they're goin down
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Flamethower   Thanx for fixing that for me I always wanted to know what the best weapon there is for thowing at someone when it quits working, know I know  I'll keep my ugly utilitarian functioning low maintenance all go no show Glock.  And eventually you will come over to the darkside.  

BTH out

Already own a Glock. Had it long before I got my uber elite, pimptastic, loaw maintenance, always firing Beretta.

Still prefer the Beretta.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess it depend on the weather, maybe the Desert Eagle 44 or the Cobray M11 with front grip. I say fuck the Glock, you'all like them for the same reason everyone liked Nike shoes in the 80's. Last time I put the cobray up against the glock it out shot it hands down. Also the cheap gun didn't make the trigger finger numb from a assanine safety.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#35]
BTW - I would take a Beretta over the Glock any day of the week, any!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I guess it depend on the weather, maybe the Desert Eagle 44 or the Cobray M11 with front grip. I say fuck the Glock, you'all like them for the same reason everyone liked Nike shoes in the 80's. Last time I put the cobray up against the glock it out shot it hands down. Also the cheap gun didn't make the trigger finger numb from a assanine safety.

Hahaha you are gonna carry a Desert Eagle 44 concealed?  And you trust your life to a Cobray M11 this is really funny.  Only Chuck Norris can get away with that one.  Next you'll tell me a Tec 9 is better than a Glock.

How is it you know why I like something.  If you read all the other posts you would know it isn't a fad, but the facts that the Glock gets the job done, dependable, simple, inexpensive, low maintenance, ugly, user friendly in high stress enviroment.

BTW would a M-11 with a vertical front grip be classified as an AOW?  I think an sp89 is.  I'll have to check on that.

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahaha you are gonna carry a Desert Eagle 44 concealed?  And you trust your life to a Cobray M11 this is really funny.  Only Chuck Norris can get away with that one.  Next you'll tell me a Tec 9 is better than a Glock.

How is it you know why I like something.  If you read all the other posts you would know it isn't a fad, but the facts that the Glock gets the job done, dependable, simple, inexpensive, low maintenance, ugly, user friendly in high stress enviroment.

BTW would a M-11 with a vertical front grip be classified as an AOW?  I think an sp89 is.  I'll have to check on that.

BTH out

Hey Rog,
You ask about carrying the DE concealed I say sure like I haven't I mean I'm sure it can be done. And yes I would trust the cobray with my life do you own one? and I don't mind the Tec 9 but prefer the Cobray the Glock is a POS and the only reason I would buy one is because it was a deal I could make buck on a Glocknut. You know the Glock isn't the worst it's above the Ruger P series.

BTW I didn't say anything about a vertical grip, I said "front grip"

Let me know when you put thousands and thousands of rounds thru your Glock
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes I own a M11 full auto.  Bigest POS I ever seen out of the box. The mags are junk I had to Sten convert it to make it run and get good mags cheap. I by no means am a HSLD operator but I do know that if the m11 is so much better that the glock how come very few if any LEA in this country use it.  

BTW I do have thousands and thousands of round though my Glocks and my Sig, so now what.   Good luck on concealing the DE or the M11 with out a heavy long winter coat.

BTH out    
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes I own a M11 full auto.  Bigest POS I ever seen out of the box. The mags are junk I had to Sten convert it to make it run and get good mags cheap. I by no means am a HSLD operator but I do know that if the m11 is so much better that the glock how come very few if any LEA in this country use it.  

BTW I do have thousands and thousands of round though my Glocks and my Sig, so now what.   Good luck on concealing the DE or the M11 with out a heavy long winter coat.

BTH out    

Well then you know they are nothing more than stamped gun with poor sights and I say will shoot better than a POS Glock without giving you a numb finger. Your clip problem did you have the steel mags or plastic? Do you want to sell the "bigest POS"  Your LEA comment do I really need to respond to that?

Now that you have shot Thousands of rounds try to shoot better than pie plate. Carrying the DE I said it depended on the weather on what would be carried if it's 100 degrees and I'm wearing shorts and no shirt I might opt for just carrying a banana.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#40]
No you don't need to respond to that because we already know the answer to that one, but your answer may be a life changing experiance for us.

IMHO the m11 tec 9 and all other semi-auto machine pistols are useless in the real world and were never designed to be used for anything other than selling to the young crowd who thought that they were the coolest thing they ever seen in a movie.  

Pie plate?  what distance?  what sized pie plate?  Slow fired or rapid OMG if I don't shoot you now I might get killed fire?  Like I said I am no spec-ops shooter or a grandmaster bullseye champ, but if you can't  get good hits at a reasonable distance with a glock you need to get some training.  As far as fingers going numb I never heard or had that problem unless it was real cold out then all my fingers are numb.

If you can't carry in the summer when it is 100 degrees out then why ever carry?  You may out shoot me with your m11?  but what good does it do you if you can't carry?  I am talking practical here.  I could probably conceal a mag58 under the right clothing but would it be practical?

BTH out
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
No you don't need to respond to that because we already know the answer to that one, but your answer may be a life changing experiance for us.

IMHO the m11 tec 9 and all other semi-auto machine pistols are useless in the real world and were never designed to be used for anything other than selling to the young crowd who thought that they were the coolest thing they ever seen in a movie.  

Pie plate?  what distance?  what sized pie plate?  Slow fired or rapid OMG if I don't shoot you now I might get killed fire?  Like I said I am no spec-ops shooter or a grandmaster bullseye champ, but if you can't  get good hits at a reasonable distance with a glock you need to get some training.  As far as fingers going numb I never heard or had that problem unless it was real cold out then all my fingers are numb.

If you can't carry in the summer when it is 100 degrees out then why ever carry?  You may out shoot me with your m11?  but what good does it do you if you can't carry?  I am talking practical here.  I could probably conceal a mag58 under the right clothing but would it be practical?

BTH out

Hey Rog,

Thanx for all the insight, I'm a changed man. Don't know what I would do without all the help I receive on here. Now maybe everyone can get back to the original thread "I am curious as to which hangun everyone locally prefers. As I am a believer that you will carry your best gun. Which handgun will you carry once the CCW is passed." I didn't realize this was a Gock thread !

2 cents
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bulletcatchr

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Back on topic:

I prefer my 92FS over anything else. It shoots well, no problems with any of my mags, fit's my hands perfectly, and I have shot and carried it enough to be comfortable with it.

Av.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Back on topic:

Until I convert to the Browning Buckmark Glock 9mm platform at everyone's insistance...

Colt M1991A1 and/or ParaOrd C.6

Federal 230 Gr. HST+P in both.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Until I convert to the Browning Buckmark Glock 9mm platform at everyone's insistance...

I'm kinda partial to my Ruger MkII  

Grip angles:

Or, if you're in Indiana Jones mode:

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I saw him untuck his shirt afterward.

Wood? What wood?  

Re: Buckmark comments

You guys seem to get defensive when I question the plastic! If y'all can have fun at my expense...

Re: Luger

I've got a buddy with one and will have to play.  I wonder if anyone makes a modern gun with that grip angle?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top