Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 4:48:27 PM EDT
Looking for a good farmstand this weekend, any recommendations?  Is there such a thing as yellow corn anymore?  The grocery stores up here in the rust belt have nothing but the bi-color corn.  I miss the good old-fashioned Indiana yellow corn which is unavailable up north.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Taylor's farm market is right down the road from my folks' place and they have really good produce.  It's a little hard to get to because of construction on Graham road, but if you follow the detour signs to Graham road, it's findable.  (Rural orienteering.)  Good fruit and vegetables are worth a little road trip, at least in my humble opinion.

Take I-65 south from Indy and get off on the Greenwood exit (exit #99, I believe).  At the end of the ramp, go east (left).  Follow through the only stoplight to the detour signs for Graham road (less than 1/4 mile) on the south side of the road (right).  This will take you through a new industrial park, which seems strange, but keep going.  You'll cross Graham road, which is correct, and keep following the detour signs until you get out of the park to the first road.  Go right (east) as directed by the detour signs, and take the first road on the right (south).  Go to the first stopsign, and go right; Taylor's farm market is within sight on the right hand side of the road.

Hope you can find it; I believe that there are signs directing you to the market along the detour road, which should also help.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Danville has a farmer's market around the square every Saturday, I believe.  Also, there is a farmer's market in Avon on 36 that has pretty good stuff.  They are open regular business hours and are more along the lines of a nursery, but the fresh veggies are hard to beat.  I just went there looking for rhubarb and found some.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just went there looking for rhubarb and found some.

Rhubarb Pie anyone?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strawberry Rhubarb Rhubarb Pie anyone?

There..Fixed it fer 'ya  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rhubarb Pie anyone?

Maybe, if you are a good boy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top