Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 9:17:56 PM EDT
Well last Thursday night I get home at 9:30 PM and havea n urgent message saying, all activities in Fairbanks are canceled because of the smoke, pack your stuff we are going to Los Anchorage in the morning.  Well get the same message today (depart Friday) though this time I get to see Juneau.  

Damn smoke!

Alaska airlines must love us by now

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Forest fires?   and what are you doing thats been cancled?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, we have approximately 3.5 million acres that are burning or have been burnt this summer.  Still well under the 6+ million from last year, but enough to be a pain in the ass.

Among the many things I do, I run the Sportsmedicine Program for a local High School.  The School District has a threshold of what is safe for the kids and what is not.  We have not been under that threshold for 10 days now.  Though it looks like we might make it today.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top