Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 11:18:59 PM EDT
Fall City Firearms located in downtown Fall City was indeed open on Christmas Eve.  

I traded my Ruger P-94 .40S&W I had owned since early 2000. . .

For a NIB Springfiled Armory USGI 1911A1 .45ACP!

She worked sweetly at Champion Arms today, digesting 100 rounds without any problems whatsoever.  It looks like the begining of a very long and loving relationship.

On another note, I overheard that Fall City Firearms is falling victim to Eminent Domain.  It seems that WSDOT sees a need for a roundabout at the intersection of SR 202 & SR 203.  This will claim the building that the store is in.  The kicker--the remaining property is protected wetlands or some shit like that, thus building on it is verboten.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
SWEET!!

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I can raise some more money by friday to get my first 1911. I've got about $400 so far. What would that have cost if you had bought it outright?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
$458 + Governor Queen Christine's cut.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Good choice, and a real classic, after trying all kinds of side-arms i always go back to the 1911, i would like to try the new XD45 but I have a hunch i never quit the 1911 platform as a sidearm.

Quoted:
On another note, I overheard that Fall City Firearms is falling victim to Eminent Domain.  It seems that WSDOT sees a need for a roundabout at the intersection of SR 202 & SR 203.  This will claim the building that the store is in.  The kicker--the remaining property is protected wetlands or some shit like that, thus building on it is verboten.  

Bad news indeed, I bought a lot of guns and equipment there over the years and I hate those round abouts almost as much as the bloody redcoats that invented the things.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Even in The People's Republic of New Jerseystan they've shit-canned "traffic circles".  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1911 teh suck, get an xd9 instead.

blasphemer, heritic, burn up his ammo !
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Even in The People's Republic of New Jerseystan they've shit-canned "traffic circles".  

Ya gotta admit...

All that wasted space in the center of the circle makes one heck of an LZ to land Airlift Northwest.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]

As translated from the original ancient manuscripts by Fr. Frog.
© copyright 2002 by John C. Schaefer

1 In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good.  And behold the Lord said, thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith.  For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain.

2 And shouldst thou muck with it, and hang all manner of foul implements upon it, and profane its internal parts, thou shalt surely have malfunctions, and in the midst of battle thou shalt surely come to harm.

3 And as the ages passed men in their ignorance and arrogance didst forget the word of the Lord and began to profane the 1911.  The tribe of the gamesman did place recoil spring guides and extended slide releases upon the 1911 and their metal smiths didst tighten the tolerances and alter parts to their liking, their clearness of mind being clouded by lust.

4 Their artisans did hang all manner of foul implements upon the 1911 and did so alter it that it became impractical to purchase.  For lo, the artisans didst charge a great tax upon the purchasers of the 1911 so that the lowly field worker could not afford one. And the profaning of the internal parts didst render it unworkable when the dust of the land fell upon it.

5 And lo, they didst install adjustable sights, which are an abomination unto the Lord.  For they doth break and lose their zero when thou dost need true aim.  And those who have done so will be slain in great numbers by their enemies in the great battle. a

6 And it came to pass that the Lord didst see the abomination wrought by man and didst cause, as he had warned, fearful malfunctions to come upon the abominations and upon the artisans who thought they could do no wrong.

7 Seeing the malfunctions and the confusion of men, the lord of the underworld did see an opportunity to further ensnare man and didst bring forth pistols made of plastic, whose form was such that they looked and felt like a brick, yet the eyes of man being clouded, they were consumed by the plastic pistol and did buy vast quantities of them.

8 And being a deceitful spirit the lord of the underworld did make these plastic pistols unamenable to the artisans of earth and they were unable to muck much with the design, and lo these pistols did appear to function.

9 And the evil one also brought forth pistols in which the trigger didst both cock and fire them and which require a "dingus" to make them appear safe.

10 But man being stupid did not understand these new pistols and didst proceed to shoot themselves with the plastic pistol and with the trigger cocking pistols for lo their manual of arms required great intelligence which man had long since forsaken.  Yet man continue to gloat over these new pistols blaming evil forces for the negligent discharges which they themselves had committed.

11 And when man had been totally ensnared with the plastic pistol, the lord of the underworld didst cause a plague of the terrible Ka-Boom to descend upon man and the plastic pistols delivered their retribution upon men.  And there was a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land.

12 Then seeing that the eyes of man were slowly being opened and that man was truly sorrowful for his sinful misdeeds, the Lord did send his messengers in the form of artisans who did hear and obey the teachings of the prophet and who didst restore the profaned 1911s to their proper configuration, and lo, to the amazement of men they didst begin to work as the prophet had intended.

13 And the men of the land didst drive out the charlatans and profaners from the land, and there was joy and peace in the land, except for the evil sprits which tried occasionally to prey on the men and women of the land and who were sent to the place of eternal damnation b by the followers of John.

a  Several old manuscripts add the following text. "And they [also rendered as "these men"] didst chamber it for cartridges who's calibers startith with numbers less than the Holy Number 4.  And lo the Lord did cause great grief amongst these men when their enemies who were struck in battle with these lesser numbers didst not fall but did continue to cause great harm."

b or Hell
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I half tempted to trade out my XD40 for the XD45, but I have a funny feeling that I would be better off just getting another 1911.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I half tempted to trade out my XD40 for the XD45, but I have a funny feeling that I would be better off just getting another 1911.

Buy the XD45 and range test it for me,

What 1911 would you buy ? I have really been disappointed in the new Kimbers, over-priced and quality reduced with foul fancy crap.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Buy the XD45 and range test it for me,

Youreelfunnyguy!...Range test it yourself, It is your range I would test it at!

What 1911 would you buy ? I have really been disappointed in the new Kimbers, over-priced and quality reduced with foul fancy crap.

I do not think I would buy a kimber... Im half tempted to pick up a Norinco at the show and use it as a base to build up my own at this point. Im hearing lots of good things about  the Springfield Arms pistols, The GI mod that I bought needed a lot of work, and I just ended up selling it off to SC so I could put the money into something else. Im not a big ran of rails on a handgun, and Im not into hanging all the fancy crap myself...So Im sure it will be a basic pistol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Put me on the XD45 wannbee list. But I'm not giving up my 1911.

ColonelKlink is a silly person with a square head.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#13]
$458?

Those have gone up alomst a yard since I bought mine.

As for the XD, I have had, er my little Sister now has the 9 & the 40, and I am a major fan, but I will be holding all tickets until these have been on the market a year or three.  

I want that little Springfiled, Micro? Compact?? That little 3.5" jobbie...........<drool>

Think I may take that damn uzi that wont go away down to Bens anbd see whats going on......

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I missed this the first time. Fuckers.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Those XD's look nice, but this Springfield is calling me....

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

JS...
Is this on a WA DOT site? Or is there someplace I can check this? That would suck BIG TIME!
Maybe Lee has another site picked out to move the store to.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I dont know whether to get rid of that 1911 in favor of the XD45 or keep it to build into something. Either way Im getting an XD45.

If I were you , I would keep that one and build off of it...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Only certain models seem overpriced to me and they are weening off of that whole external extractor fiasco. That is the only problem that I have noticed with them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only certain models seem overpriced to me and they are weening off of that whole external extractor fiasco. That is the only problem that I have noticed with them.

The firering pin block/safety that works off the grip safety will lock the gun up tight, only way to get it to disassemble is to drop the main spring housing, the 1911 forums advise deburring with a fine stone for a cure but I just disable them completely as the foul fancy crap makes it unreliable, and I forgot how much I hate the external extractor, a bunch of small pieces that are much harder to disassemble clean and reassemble.

I have two custom kimber classics, one black one stainless and wouldnt give them up, but the last two Kimber TLE2's were both a pain in the arse to work on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Have a .45 ACP question?
Ask Vapors.  

He wants to get his mitts on my Springfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec for some reason.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Browning got it right with the 1911. It has all the good qualities one looks for in an auto-loading pistol. It shoots a proven robust cartridge, functions well in extreme conditions, does not require extesive amounts of maintenance or modification to operate in extreme conditions, is robust in construction, not too heavy nor too light in weight, fairly insensitive to hand sign and available for an enormous number of vendors.

I find it significant that S&W found it such a priority to bring out a 1911 version. Along with Sig. For a design that is "obsolete and outdated" there certainly seem to be a boatload of them around. Not to mention parts and modifications.

As for the XD45 ACP. Springfield Armory originally stated when they released the XD45 GAP there would never be an ACP version as it would require too much re-design and make the grip excessively large for the majority of people. Yet some how, largely unannouced, they managed to overcome those issues. I suspect the constant question of why no .45 ACP had something to do with this.  The pistols the XD series has been consistently comparied are both the glock and 1911. Significantly it is more 1911ish than glockish. Grip angle, control location and significantly, a modern grip safety design.

I'm looking forward to the release of the XD45 ACP as it puts the .45 ACP back in my hand. SA is going to sell a zillion of them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
As for the XD45 ACP. Springfield Armory originally stated when they released the XD45 GAP there would never be an ACP version as it would require too much re-design and make the grip excessively large for the majority of people. Yet some how, largely unannouced, they managed to overcome those issues. I suspect the constant question of why no .45 ACP had something to do with this.  The pistols the XD series has been consistently comparied are both the glock and 1911. Significantly it is more 1911ish than glockish. Grip angle, control location and significantly, a modern grip safety design.

I'm looking forward to the release of the XD45 ACP as it puts the .45 ACP back in my hand. SA is going to sell a zillion of them.

I'm hoping the same thing happens with Walther. I'd like to see a P99-45.

There is no replacement for a 1911 but there *are* additions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top