Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/11/2013 8:31:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/11/2013 8:31:52 PM EST by TheBandito]
I know it was brought up as the Spring HTFS. Are we still going to try having a Fall HTFS? It might be a good time to start planning and finding a location.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 12:26:01 AM EST
I'll show up.............
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:13:43 AM EST
I was forced to bail last minute for the Spring shoot, I'd really love it if it was more West this time, but I honestly have no idea where to go
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:00:34 AM EST

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:45:23 AM EST
Id love to go and meet some fellow shooters. One of the reasons I finally signed up this year was looking at the pics from the spring HTS Ya'll had some good fun!
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:09:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 4:34:02 PM EST
I know it wont be here.

NOI
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:46:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:59:17 PM EST
8 June.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 6:13:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2013 6:15:44 PM EST by golfroot]
Originally Posted By nooneimportant:
8 June.

So, "That Place" was open?

Care to elaborate?

IM is fine.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:08:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2013 7:10:45 PM EST by ncjeeper76]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:14:54 PM EST
You know I'm game. What about going back to Take aim ?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:26:34 PM EST
NC, I was thinking about that. BTW, I still want to get with you about those decals...

I was thinking about putting a poll up to see which month would be best. I'm not sure if the poll could be changed to allow voting on which weekend though. October might be a goot time since it won't be hot out but we'd still have plenty of daylight.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:43:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By golfroot:
8 June.

Care to elaborate?

IM is fine.

Nope not open. and it never will be under the current Ranger/Administration.

I stop by from time to time to see out tax money at work. The cut grass, new drainage ditches. and the new (above) signs about an Emergency closing. The emergency is what, 3-4 years old now, and no one yet knows what it is.
I know that the person and office named on the posted signs was contacted, and it was punted right back to the local Ranger, the same one who closet the range and never has produced a report on the "incident" that closed the range.

For those of you new to the form search under here under "Uwharrie" for a couple of years worth of dead ends. There was no incident.

NOI
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 9:40:23 PM EST
I would love to help make this happen.

I have a couple of locations in mind.

First would be the place we did this in the spring. Camping and big booms are allowed (if you guys did not ruin it for us)

Secondly would be the 4H camp near Rockingham. Camping allowed, cabins and showers are on site, not sure about big booms.

Or... We could just go back to Uwharee and say to hell with the signs
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 4:55:29 AM EST
What signs? Seriously though, thats sad, looked like Uwharrie was an awesome spot. And only an hour away
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 8:55:34 AM EST
I am definitely interested in attending again. It will be more fun to plan now that the Carolinas have two different forums.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 10:11:45 AM EST
8 June.

Care to elaborate?

IM is fine.

Nope not open. and it never will be under the current Ranger/Administration.

I stop by from time to time to see out tax money at work. The cut grass, new drainage ditches. and the new (above) signs about an Emergency closing. The emergency is what, 3-4 years old now, and no one yet knows what it is.
I know that the person and office named on the posted signs was contacted, and it was punted right back to the local Ranger, the same one who closet the range and never has produced a report on the "incident" that closed the range.

For those of you new to the form search under here under "Uwharrie" for a couple of years worth of dead ends. There was no incident.

NOI

I've forgotten. Is Uwharrie Federal or NC park?

Perhaps it's time to try again for an answer. Anybody know a current politico in that county that might be friendly to our viewpoint that would press it a bit?
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 11:10:03 AM EST
As far as I know its fed. I was really sad to see it closed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 11:40:20 AM EST
Forest Service website says its "temporarily closed" but a decision on reopening will be made in "mid-2012"... guess that didnt go well
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 12:29:10 PM EST
National Forrest.

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 9:06:16 PM EST
I'll be there wherever if in a reasonable driving distance from the Triad.
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 4:52:23 PM EST
I guess the first question is where are we going to have it at ? Any ideas ? I know Uwharrie is out
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 7:36:25 PM EST
I had two already...

1) Where we had the spring shoot, take aim training's shooting range just south of Monroe, NC

2) The 4-H Camp Millstone down near Ellerbe, NC. Not sure if they would let us shoot reactive targets. But they do have plumbing, a dining hall and cabins!
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 3:37:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By mekender:

2) The 4-H Camp Millstone down near Ellerbe, NC. Not sure if they would let us shoot reactive targets. But they do have plumbing, a dining hall and cabins!

Use to train there.
No alcohol on the grounds for sure, and you can forget explosions. If that is not a deal breaker then it might be possible, but I think there would be a lot of bureaucratic hoops to jump through.

NOI
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:43:45 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 4:15:22 PM EST
I'm looking for something out this direction, don't know of anything, but I figure it won't hurt if I can find something
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 8:38:41 PM EST
I'm not sure if there is any camping around and it would be quite a drive for some in NC. This looks like a nice place though. I'm down for going to Take Aim again though.

https://southernsafety.org/Home.php
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 10:22:08 PM EST

Use to train there.
No alcohol on the grounds for sure, and you can forget explosions. If that is not a deal breaker then it might be possible, but I think there would be a lot of bureaucratic hoops to jump through.

NOI

The explosions may be allowable, last time I went to a shoot there, we were allowed to shoot API at angle iron. But, you probably know more than I do. I have only been there the one time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:02:44 AM EST
What's wrong with the last place we had it at?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:13:20 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doubleshot00:
View Quote

I dont know that there is anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:42:49 PM EST
View Quote

Absolutely nothing! I vote Take Aim!
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:25:33 PM EST
Ok so what dates... Lets get some suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:40:46 PM EST
Ok so what dates... Lets get some suggestions.
View Quote

Probably best to get a commitment on the location before setting dates.

NOI
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:09:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/19/2013 9:24:00 PM EST by M-Forgery]
Take Aim was a nice place to shoot.

The 4H camp looks promising and looks like it would be an excellent place. Rent the range for 2 days and a couple of cabins. All cabins have heat, air conditioning,bathrooms, and showers. Fire rings for a nice bonfire at night. I did not see where alcohol was a no go, but I would bet it is a banned item on 4H premises.

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:06:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By M-Forgery:

The 4H camp looks promising and looks like it would be an excellent place. Rent the range for 2 days and a couple of cabins. All cabins have heat, air conditioning,bathrooms, and showers. Fire rings for a nice bonfire at night. I did not see where alcohol was a no go, but I would bet it is a banned item on 4H premises.

View Quote

A quick google search seems to show a mixed bag for 4h campgrounds... It seems that the majority are no alcohol, but that a few do allow it so long as it is not being sold.

I am sure that a quick phone call on a week day will clarify the specifics.

Regardless, do we really need alcohol for a shooting weekend?
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 9:52:33 PM EST
Golf might want some. I don't mind if it is allowed or not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:15:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:22:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/21/2013 8:24:08 AM EST by doubleshot00]

A quick google search seems to show a mixed bag for 4h campgrounds... It seems that the majority are no alcohol, but that a few do allow it so long as it is not being sold.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-Forgery:

Have you ever camped at a HTF shoot? Golf speak up!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 1:57:45 PM EST
Tagged. Like to come depending how far it is and when.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 2:42:43 PM EST

Have you ever camped at a HTF shoot? Golf speak up!
View Quote

Present and accounted for, Sir!

Booze is not necessary for most anything in life, but it sure gives some of my fellow campers something to tell me about a little at a time over the next few weeks to talk about amongst themselves.

I would be fine with an alcohol free weekend, but then what would you guys talk about? You would just have to sit around and kvetch about your women, how so and so couldn't hit shit (), obama, taxes, and other mundane crap.

Wherever, whenever. Do I need to call Take Aim and ask if they're up to letting us camp and shoot one weekend? If I talk to Stony for a bit, I bet he'll remember me.

Has anyone spoken to them? If not, I'd be more than happy to make the call.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:05:34 PM EST
I know that a couple of people here have memberships, so it may be prudent to involve one of them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:09:59 PM EST
I know that a couple of people here have memberships, so it may be prudent to involve one of them.
View Quote

Well, get on it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:42:18 PM EST
I have been to Millstone 4H camp, Great cabins. One issue is the range is it only has two maybe three lanes that are 100 yards all others are 50 yards.
My vote would be for Take aim in SC
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 11:18:58 PM EST

Well, get on it!
View All Quotes

Well, get on it!

Only one I know that has one is Wufman and he indicated that he did not ant to plan shoots any more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:35:58 AM EST

Only one I know that has one is Wufman and he indicated that he did not ant to plan shoots any more.
View All Quotes

Well, get on it!

I can't plan the shoot......too much on my table right now, I am saving a vacation day so I can show up.....but I can talk to Stoney if that's where ya'll want to shoot. He is just down the road and I have his number.
Let me know if that's where ya'll want to shoot and I'll talk to him.
BIL also says he can cook hog if that's what's decided IF he doesn't have anything else planned for the weekend picked for the shoot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:06:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By WUFMAN:

I can't plan the shoot......too much on my table right now, I am saving a vacation day so I can show up.....but I can talk to Stoney if that's where ya'll want to shoot. He is just down the road and I have his number.
BIL also says he can cook hog if that's what's decided IF he doesn't have anything else planned for the weekend picked for the shoot.
View All Quotes

Well, get on it!

Wuf there isn't much you need to plan. We just need you to bring some steel. The pig idea was great last time I'm down for what ever weekend. Are we thinking fall as in Oct.-Nov.?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:08:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2013 12:09:36 PM EST by WUFMAN]
Just talked to Stoney at Take Aim Range.

We are welcome to have the fall hometown shoot there. He would like for us to hurry and pick a couple of dates so he can put them on the range calendar so he doesn't schedule anything else class wise during the same weekend.

HERE IS THE BIG KICKER................NO TANNERITE WHAT SO EVER.........The community has started a petition against him to stop ALL exploding targets. He doesn't want any trouble from the community so all exploding targets have to go bye bye.......

So with that being said somebody get busy and get a poll going for dates and I'll pass all the info to Stoney if ya'll want to have it there.

Since no tannerite.............who has a .50 BMG?

I've got more steel gongs to hang......just need to get more chain.....somebody shot up the chain last time

Don't get into deer hunting season with the date
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:57:34 PM EST

We are welcome to have the fall hometown shoot there. He would like for us to hurry and pick a couple of dates so he can put them on the range calendar so he doesn't schedule anything else class wise during the same weekend.

HERE IS THE BIG KICKER................NO TANNERITE WHAT SO EVER.........The community has started a petition against him to stop ALL exploding targets. He doesn't want any trouble from the community so all exploding targets have to go bye bye.......

So with that being said somebody get busy and get a poll going for dates and I'll pass all the info to Stoney if ya'll want to have it there.

I've got more steel gongs to hang......just need to get more chain.....somebody shot up the chain last time

View Quote

That means per Sept. As that's when bow season starts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:06:08 PM EST

View All Quotes

I was thinking more gun season.................people be deer hunting instead of coming to the shoot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:17:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2013 5:20:06 PM EST by mekender]
Ok so what dates?

ETA... What would be REALLY nice would be if we could somehow get Ruger to sponsor a HTFS at their new factory. Anyone have any connections?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top