Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/12/2011 12:06:32 PM EDT
Don't care for going into that area half-cocked.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:05:21 PM EDT
Last year i went to a game and there were not metal detectors but there were security guards doing pat downs. I was carrying a pistol IWB, was patted down, and allowed entry without a word.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:06:34 PM EDT
I will also mention that i am a law enforcement officer and planned on showing my badge if they found it, but never had to cross that bridge. Im not sure if they would allow you in or not with a weapon if indeed one was found.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:09:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By marshjr:
I will also mention that i am a law enforcement officer and planned on showing my badge if they found it, but never had to cross that bridge. Im not sure if they would allow you in or not with a weapon if indeed one was found.

Badge doesn't matter. IF they find it, they'll make you take back to the car. Or just go to another gate and attempt to gain entry again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:13:41 PM EDT
IIRC, there was AJC article that reported that it is depends kind of thing.
Their procedures vary depending on the national threat alert level and/or any specific instructions from local folks and even NFL security types.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 1:25:25 PM EDT
Last year i went to a game and there were not metal detectors but there were security guards doing pat downs. I was carrying a pistol IWB, was patted down, and allowed entry without a word.

they patted you down and didn't find it??? what type of gun?

simulary story at the braves, carrying a 2 year old while walking in and the security guard stopped me. he saw my pocket knife and sent me back to the car. I thought he saw something else that was less than 3" away from it....

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:16:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:

they patted you down and didn't find it??? what type of gun?

simulary story at the braves, carrying a 2 year old while walking in and the security guard stopped me. he saw my pocket knife and sent me back to the car. I thought he saw something else that was less than 3" away from it....

I was carrying a Glock 27 on my strong side hip. He patted right on top of it but just kept on moving.

You get what you pay for and a minimum wage security guard probably is worth exactly what you pay for him.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:36:33 AM EDT
Got in with no issues. The supposed "pat down" consisted of raising my arms and the "security" guy tapping my rib area. I had an M&P compact in IWB moved to the front at the time. Good thing I didn't get a gay screener.

It's one of those situations we are always faced with. I don't feel a need to have a weapon at the venue since there are plenty of LEO's around. It's the getting to and from. I parked at Indian Creek and rode the Marta. I definitely wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving it in the car there; and being unarmed on that journey in. It's not a pleasant trek through the best area of the city you know.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:11:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The-Bald-Monk:
IIRC, there was AJC article that reported that it is depends kind of thing.
Their procedures vary depending on the national threat alert level and/or any specific instructions from local folks and even NFL security types.

Monk

One would think that common sense would dictate that the higher the level, the less they would care if you were carrying.

BTW, Julio looked great.

Top Top