Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 8:32:52 AM EDT
Got there Friday night a little after five. Long line out the door, not to surprising. Took about 15 minutes to get in. Good crowd, I've seen bigger.

If you want a Glock, M&P, Xd, any kind of Taurus, most 1911's, AR's or AK's you're in luck. Anything else and it's hit or miss. Tons of used Glock 22's. fair number of G17's, not a single used G19. Not a single Smith Model 10. Reloading supplies well stocked. Prices seemed normal. My impression was more than the usual number of non-gun vendors.

A lot of guns being sold, but I didn't sense any panic buying. This show usually moves a lot of product, this one is no exception. I bought a Vortex Strike Fire red dot and a BUIS for my AR.

Pretty typically January fairgrounds show.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:30:43 PM EDT
I agree. I bought some shotgun parts and a stock kit. Friend bought a new Nikon scope for about $45 under web cost. If you're in the market fora nice lever action 45-70 Mark Sieh has a nice Marlin. Has the rail and ghost ring. One guy had quite a bit of Saiga 12 stuff towards the back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:22:23 PM EDT
I was there today and have never seen such a big crowd, there was a line at the door from noon until 2:30. Pistols were selling like crazy. Seen a line of 6 people waiting to pay for their pistols. Prices seemed pretty good overall.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:38:32 PM EDT
Saturday afternoon is always a madhouse. I usually go Sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:38:48 AM EDT
I'll be down sunday A.M. will make offers on a few items that were there on Friday,IF they are still there
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:51:48 PM EDT
Saturday early from 10:30 to 12 was a madhouse. I didn't end up going down a couple of the aisles because of the crowd.

I talked with one of the vendors, a friend of mine that was concerned because there were so many people there, but few were spending any money.

After that, I looked closer, and sure enough, where there was a jamup of people, it was always a couple of guys standing around shooting the shit tieing up everyone else. I Saw very few transactions happening.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:43:30 PM EDT
I worked the IFC table all day Saturday and I will admit, it was pretty busy. Seemed like around 12:p-2:p it was the busiest. I took a break from the table and made a quick trek around. Looked like some pretty decent buys, but, alas, I was unable to take advantage.

Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top