Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/10/2005 9:24:18 AM EDT
I will make it to the show this weekend, although I haven't decided on a specific day yet.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for a little while and have a sandwich or something.  I am not sure of the interest in this, as the last time it just ended up being me, Booger, and Cazador2.

I am not thinking of anything fancy, just something CLOSE to the show.  Burger King and the like work just fine.  So far, it looks like I will be pretty time-flexible all weekend.  Heck, even directly after-show times work for any of you who may be manning a table and away from home for the weekend.  Lets just come to a consensus that will get as many people as are interested there.

Is there any interest?  Any suggestions on a place that is close?  When is a good time?

I am just getting the ball rolling, and seeing if anyone wants to play.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What about Autographs?(Legends?) out in Pleasant Hill? 5 and diner is a cool place to go (50s theme) Okaboji Grill is out in PH as well. I'm busy Friday and Saturday with work and the in laws get together. May not work for me this time either. Would rather be doing this...................
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm from out of town and can find anything with the help of google, mapquest, or gps.  I wish I knew more decent places in and around Des Moines.  I've only got a window open for saturday morning to early afternoon.  Whatever works out for the rest of you is good with me.  If I can, I'll show.  
    Hey Booger, (I wish I knew your real name) what's for sale or how can I find what is for sale?  I tried the EE at the top and got lost in everything to trade. etc.  Thanks, Dave
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried to send you an IM Nemo. Turn on IM! Milldude
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, I guess I never set those options up..  ooops.  Maybe it'll work now.  And I did figure out the Iowa only EE.  Damn Newbies!  lol.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i hope to make the show this weekend but  it will only be a last minute type deal
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no plans of any kind for this weekend, so I am open to any plans, but would prefer Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#8]
hey yschooner, what about just east of the fairgrounds on university?  legends or okoboji?  either one would have a cup of coffee or a drink?  maybe some hot wings?  i can't attend in the late afternoon or evening on saturday, but during the day would be fine.  IM me and let me know.  we can talk clay shooting out my way while we're at it.

-s. tank

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
i'm in for noon.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I will be at Okoboji in Pleasant Hill on Saturday at 12:00, which seems to work out for some of you other folks out there.

The address for Okoboji:
1225 Copper Creek Drive Suite A
Pleasant Hill, IA  50327
515-265-8055

Here is a map that shows how to get there from the fairgrounds:

maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=1225+Copper+Creek+Drive&csz=Pleasant+Hill%2C+IA&country=us&new=1
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Yee hah, I'm in.  Now the only decision is to hit the show before or after.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm out again! Got to work. This sucks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I should be able to make it.

Will know more by Friday.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
it was great to meet those who showed up to lunch today

brett
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
It was great to see everyone and the story swapping was a blast.  I think the waitress was glad to see us leave.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a good time too.  It was a pleasure to meet you all.  I enjoyed Okoboji (I like their chicken livers), but Legends works just as well.  I just like not trekking all over town to meet up.

See you all next time...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm up for anything and am usually somewhat flexible.  A good drink in a more relaxed environment could definately be something to try out.  Hey, Booger, I hope that you got my e-mail on the EE topic.  I'll be watching for next months location and time.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#20]
maybe we could also include the wifes, i know mine said something about tagging along to the gun show(i think she may try to curb my spending a bit)

Brett
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is politely declining as I type this.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]
had a great time men!  i learned a few things and enjoyed the conversation.  

as for the waitress, i don't think she cared one way or the other, but i agree with you guys just the same - although legends isn't the only place for a relaxed visit and drink, it is close and works well.  i hope they don't remember me there...  

i got the itch pretty bad after i left okoboji, and ended going back to the show on sunday morning with the wife.  she ended up buying me a couple blem stripped Superior lowers, a few kits, grips, and other toys...  $75 for a blem lower...  BARGAIN.  he showed me a couple of the blems.  some were dings the size of pencil leads...  i should have shit canned the kits, and bought all the lowers the budget would allow.

i enjoyed talking to the crew there.  the RB and Superior people were great.  i look forward to doing more business with them.  went to a Christmas party last night and we started telling stories about the AR's...  i got a few of those guys interested in ARF.comming...

i'm also planning on spending some money on that camo thing i noticed there...  some of those looked great.

for the guys i met this weekend - can you IM me or send me an email with your names so i can try and keep it all straight?  thanks!

i look forward to the next one!

s. tank

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top