Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2022 1:30:06 PM EDT
Howdy Texans,
I am from Northeast Georgia, and I am buying $40K worth of cows from Rutherford Land and Cattle...
Any reason not to??  Everything I find online looks good, just doing my due dilligence so the Wife won't loose her shit

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
$40K sight unseen? I would invest a few hundred in plane fare or driving to see what I am getting for $40K.

Most of Texas is suffering from heat and no rain, ranchers are selling cattle like there is no tomorrow. Not sure how you rate them at $40K, by head, weight? How you gonna move them?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]
750 a head, shipped here for $112 per.
I have talked to the guy, talked to his bank, and my son in law is in the cattle business.
Rutherford Land and Cattle....just making sure he is who he says he is....
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
good luck!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my coworkers live a few miles south of them. He said they raise the so called grass fed beef, he has purchased processed beef from them and has been well satisfied.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, beef inbound soon...
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless your property has plenty of green tall grass, you better have hay available. Oh and winter is coming.

Good luck on your endeavors.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
We have plenty of grass, got hay rolled just in case.  
Cows arrived at 0430 and better than advertised...big framed 3-4 year olds already bred.  We have em with a bull in case one or two left Texas unbred.
100% happy with Rutherford Land and Cattle.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top