Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 8:09:09 PM EDT
I've been a NOVA resident for about a year now.  My job and new child keeps me fairly busy.  But would like to join this club since it's close to me.  Problem is, I don't know any members for sponsorship.  Any ideas?  Tried emailing, but no reply.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They have a monthly rifle match, if you go and start talking to people, you might make a few friends.
Somebody has been posting the matches here in home town, but I am not to sure who.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
WEG is the one posting up the NRA high power matches.

That's probably your best bet, show up for a few of those, get to know people, sign up for other stuff.

I shoot trap and skeet there (though I'm not a member) and if I had the cash, I'd probably join.

Buuuuuuuuuut I don't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
They are having an open match tomorrow, might be a good time to get to know members

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=421459

WEG and crew put on numerous matches throughout the year that allows you to shoot without being a member.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
dammit, i hafta work tomorrow.

whens the next event after labor day?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been a NOVA resident for about a year now.  My job and new child keeps me fairly busy.  But would like to join this club since it's close to me.  Problem is, I don't know any members for sponsorship.  Any ideas?  Tried emailing, but no reply.  

There is also a month Bench Rest match at the club.  I would suggest attending it also.  We recognize AR and Factory rifles as well as the Custom Bench Rest rifles.  Drop me an E-mail if you're interested in the Bench Rest matches.  I attend most of them.

Adrian
avangorder at aol.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#6]
There is also the Izaak Walton League in Centerville off of Route 28 at Bushmill Rd. Just follow Bushmill until you hit Mount Olive Rd.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
dammit, i hafta work tomorrow.

whens the next event after labor day?

That cough doesn't sound too good, you'd better call in sick.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Last I heard there waiting lit was still years long.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Associate memberships(non-voting) are less than a year generally.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top