Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
Can a person make a Fabten Pistol with this lower, or does cali have a law for that one to?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd assume that when it is created, it needs to be somehow paperworked, as a pistol. I don't know how they do it, but that's it. Talk to the company that makes them, they might be able to do that. Then coordinate the delivery to a nearby supplyer, then to your FFL. It's a lot of work, but might be possible.

Rayn
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If you already got your lower the answer is a big NO...

Doing so without proper paperwork will make you a felon not only in CA but also for the rest of the USA.  It will be considered a short barreled rifle and would require registering with the BATF.  Also in CA unless you are in the movie business firing blanks or licensed manufactuer, or government agencies, they will not grant a permit.

If Shoeless manufactures and sell a version of FAB10 as a pistol, and it got on the CA ok list, and you buy it and DROS as a pistol then it should be ok.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
And it would have to pass the drop test/ safety certification process that all pistols have to pass in order to get on the list of CA certified handguns.

I think.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought they would be illegal because the magazine is located outside the pistol grip. will have to check on that.

I would probably buy one if it was passed, however reloading would be interesting. Don't AR15 pistols have problems with the buffer going flying when you break open the action because it doesn't have a buffer detent?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just guessing but I really don't think that an internal/blind mag is even addressed in the DOJ guidelines. Those German and Chinese Bolos/#9's have internal mags but they might be okay because of their age.

I know absolutely nothing about AR pistols, except that are pretty danged cool.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
The law about the mag being outside the pistol grip applys to semi-automatic pistols with a removable magazine.

I also remember hearing that there are some problems with AR pistols in CA. Something about there couldn't be foreward barrel cover, etc. I am sure you COULD make one, eventually, but the paperwork alone would make you now want to.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The law about the mag being outside the pistol grip applys to semi-automatic pistols with a removable magazine.

I also remember hearing that there are some problems with AR pistols in CA. Something about there couldn't be foreward barrel cover, etc. I am sure you COULD make one, eventually, but the paperwork alone would make you now want to.

A forward grip on a pistol does fit the definition of assault weapon in CA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I know that, but I heard that AR style pistols need to have their barrel explosed. It doesn't make sense since lots of handguns have slides that completely cover teh barrel, but that was just what I heard.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know that, but I heard that AR style pistols need to have their barrel explosed. It doesn't make sense since lots of handguns have slides that completely cover teh barrel, but that was just what I heard.

Yea, but the great wisdom of the DOJ says that a slide is not a handguard and a handguard is eeeeeeevil.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, that's the wisdom of our CA elected officials to make sure certain type of pistols cannot be sold... Ie, M-11, Tech-9, etc...  Like a threaded barrel pistol is also a no no...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top