Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2005 2:44:30 PM EDT
I'm a little late posting this here (sorry) but here goes:

I'm in the Jonesboro area. During about 2 weeks at the end of October, EVERY gunstore in jtown was broken into, or at least almost broken into. I know they got a couple of ARs and some handguns. They cleaned out a store up the road in Paragould (according to the local PD anway)

During the same time frame, there was a HUGE wave of residential burglaries. Probably some guns stolen. Mostly stuff you could pawn easily though. They were profesionals in both situations. Phones cut, breakers turned off (disabling alarms) etc.

So 2 things I'd like for you guys to have on your mind:
1. Always secure your guns and valubles before you leave, even if its just a few minutes.

2. If you see some deals that are too good to be true, or hear about some back alley deals, or anything even sounding like it could be stolen merchandise, be sure and inform the store owner/local PD/who ever

Link Posted: 12/1/2005 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they get trent? if so how bad?
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
They tried Trent's twice....the first time they got into a back room, but couldnt get any further. The second time they couldnt even get in the building. Now he's get some better bars up and alot tougher security system
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They tried Trent's twice....the first time they got into a back room, but couldnt get any further. The second time they couldnt even get in the building. Now he's get some better bars up and alot tougher security system

They live their sord of.  They are lucky they lived.  Trent and I were good enough friends that I know for a fact anyone that got in his store with him there would die a slow, painful death.  Or to 2 55grain rounds through the heart and one in the head.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This was right after Marty had moved out (like, RIGHT after) so the place was empty. They got in one of the back rooms and saw Slick's box, without Slick in it, and got scared and took off.

But yes, they didnt know the pain that awaited them had they messed anything up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in Trent's last weekend and his wife told me the same story about their breakin as well as all the other local breakins.

Al's apparently got taken hard.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was in Trent's last weekend and his wife told me the same story about their breakin as well as all the other local breakins.

Al's apparently got taken hard.

I'll hold back what I have to say about Al's.

I need to go see Trent and make sure my dumbass exwife paid for her Glock.

Cowboy did you ever ask him about how fucked up I was? lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Dusty

I heard him telling somebody else about it.... sounds like you got it pretty bad dude!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#8]
lol yeah.  I had to have like 14 stitches.  Now whats wierd is, I went to waffle house in maumelle the other night.  And our waitress knew us.  First she was telling me how fucked up Miranda still is over me , then she started telling me about Miranda's new man.  As soon as she said she had a new man all I could think was "poor bastard"
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time i had 14 stitches it involved a chainsaw and the meat of my thigh....damn!

Sounds like your much better off without her
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Last time i had 14 stitches it involved a chainsaw and the meat of my thigh....damn!

Sounds like your much better off without her

I miss the freaky sex, but not having freaky sex with someone that admitted having around 100 partners including several bar bathroom trips on beale street with guys she met in the bar.  And a coupld of times 2 at once.  I imagine it takes talent to take on 2 guys at once in a bathroom stall, but not the kind of talent I give a damn about.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bought a Turk 38 from Al's... I hadn't heard anything about this. How about Ray's (when will he be back in buisness???)?

Isn't the store in Paragould the guys that make custom handguns for speed shooting and other shooting events?

Has there been a list of guns and serial numbers listed yet? I know way to many people who are always looking into or buying guns to not get the word out if there are details.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've bought a Turk 38 from Al's... I hadn't heard anything about this. How about Ray's (when will he be back in buisness???)?

Isn't the store in Paragould the guys that make custom handguns for speed shooting and other shooting events?

Has there been a list of guns and serial numbers listed yet? I know way to many people who are always looking into or buying guns to not get the word out if there are details.

I've yet to hear anything about a list of guns or serial #s. I'll be sure and post anything else i hear
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Hate to hear that about Al's even though they suck they dont deserve to be robbed, Glad to hear Trent made out ok

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hate to hear that about Al's even though they suck they dont deserve to be robbed, Glad to hear Trent made out ok

Al's does suck pretty bad.  I've been taken for a ride there more than once before I found Trent's.  I'm also glad they didn't get Trent.  

I'd almost feel sorry for the poor bastards if they had tried to break in while Trent was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top