Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 11:35:29 AM EDT
I was down at Bens in  Renton this morning and got quite a surprise- LC 193 in 500 round cases. And a fairly large pile of it at that. 99 Plus tax each.

A little more than on the Internet, but you can pick it up today, no shipping BS, its not the loose pack, it is in individual boxes AND you can fondle the 50000 guns they have.

They are starting to have more and more black rifle stuff in there, and that friggin  layaway program

Edited to add-I dont pinch pennies, I dont search the entire net for the very best deal and calculate it down to the thousandth of a penny per round.

If I buy online its ammoman. Period. His no bs service is worth every penny of what I have ever paid him. What I see now on his site is 500/109. This may be a dollar or two on the plus tax price here.  Their ammo normally has a little higher markup than that on it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I know we are not penny-pinching but for that kind of money I think I would rather, crap I can't remember what it is called.  It's that remanufactured stuff that comes in the blue box.  James at the gun show has it for about the same price but including tax.  I think it shoots cleaner than the LC stuff at least in my experience.  YMMV!

What is that stuff called, you know it comes in a box of 50 and packed in nice styrofoam.  i shoot it all the time and I can't think of the name.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue box??  some kind of hills? I dont shoot it....I dont know...sorry..Black Hills maybe?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Black Hills!  Yes that's it!  Thanks CavVet.  I shoot it quite a bit and have never had any problem.  I bought some LC a couple of months ago and had a couple of jams (although it was out of an old range mag) and it left my chamber and barrel much dirtier than usual.

Again YMMV but for the price I would vote for the Black Hills stuff
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I love XM193. Also, Sportsman's Guide has South African battle packs for $69.97/2.

I too often buy things from Ben's for much more than I could scrounge around and find it for. I just like keeping the local guy in business, so they can sell me things I don't need at the time, by making me say "f-it" and put money down on their lay-away, and pay it off in time to see some other item I don't really need come in, to put on lay-away, etc. ;)
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I love XM193. Also, Sportsman's Guide has South African battle packs for $69.97/2.

You had me excited for a moment!  SA battle packs for $35 a piece at SG is a great deal.  However, when I went there to get some, it says "Out of stock, expected availability Sept 22, 2003."  I need ammo NOW, not in September!  Oh well, the shopping continues.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You had me excited for a moment!  SA battle packs for $35 a piece at SG is a great deal.  However, when I went there to get some, it says "Out of stock, expected availability Sept 22, 2003."  I need ammo NOW, not in September!  Oh well, the shopping continues.....

Ahh, them bastages. It used to say OOS on main page, now it doesn't. You don't see that until you hit "add to cart" now :( Sorry ;)
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I too often buy things from Ben's for much more than I could scrounge around and find it for... so they can sell me things I don't need at the time, by making me say "f-it" and put money down on their lay-away, and pay it off in time to see some other item I don't really need come in, to put on lay-away, etc. ;)

Sounds like some counseling may be in order!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
But...But....But....

There will never be anymore SA battle packs....
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Bens is great. They also have ammocans of .223 african for 149.99

its the PMP stuff, but still a good price.

They sell the albanian (crap ammmo) 7.62X54R for WAY too much (I think its about 69.99 per 340 rounds)

Sometimes its hit and miss with their ammo prices. God knows I tried to tell them to get dealer pack AK mags from AIM so they dont have to mark theirs up to 24.99 a pop. I dont think they ever sell any of those damn mags.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bens is great. They also have ammocans of .223 african for 149.99

Is that per thousand?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
900 maybe? 3 battle packs in a can maybe? just a wild ass guess.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Per 1000 if I remember correctly, I didnt open the can to see how they were packed, next time I will and let you guys know exactly what it is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
900 maybe? 3 battle packs in a can maybe? just a wild ass guess.

He said PMP, not battle packs.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
oh.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe I'm cheap but I make up for it by being a good shot....wolf ammo at a hundred plus yards at clay pigeons..one shot one kill.  1000 rnds for $100.00
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
After shooting a clip full of Wolf in GT Crispy's AR today, thats my new buy. I figure if I can hit a 12" wide peice of steel with it on every shot at 200 yards, then its just fine for plinking cans and crap at 50-100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
After shooting a clip full of Wolf in GT Crispy's AR today, thats my new buy. I figure if I can hit a 12" wide peice of steel with it on every shot at 200 yards, then its just fine for plinking cans and crap at 50-100 yards.

Fair warning...  you don't live in California and have a FAB 10, so be careful using the term "clip" when referring to AR magazines ;)

They can get nasty 'round here.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fair warning... If you don't live in Russia and have an K47, be careful using the term "Wolf" when referring to shit sold as ammunition ;)

They can get a rifle REAL nasty.

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top