Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 9:37:59 AM EDT
Recent North American Hunting Club magazine reports its August opinion poll:

Will you hunt any specie with a modern sporting rifle - more commonly know as as AR-platform -  this fall or winter?

26% YES

74% NO

Another fine example of the FUDD lack of want to embrace the Evil Black Rifles.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Recent North American Hunting Club magazine reports its August opinion poll:

Will you hunt any specie with a modern sporting rifle - more commonly know as as AR-platform -  this fall or winter?

26% YES

74% NO

Another fine example of the FUDD lack of want to embrace the Evil Black Rifles.

I believe it's because of price and the fact "they" only hunt or shoot skeet/sporting clays. I believe there should have been other questions like " Do you like the Black Rifle or Fear it ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use it to hunt Coyotes in Pa but semi are illegal for  that use there
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The poll might say that, but it was only  couple years ago that  I would be the only shooter at Ft Dix with an AR or AK. Now literally every other shooter there has one. They have gotten extremely popular.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The poll might say that, but it was only  couple years ago that  I would be the only shooter at Ft Dix with an AR or AK. Now literally every other shooter there has one. They have gotten extremely popular.

I hear that! Its full of AR type rifles now. I had to go a step different and find a ban compliant PTR rifle to be a step ahead
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think that is a bad result... just over 1/4 of hunters are using an AR platform rifle for some part of their hunting. I'd say that's pretty good! It proves that these guns have many purposes including hunting and are not a threat to society as the libtards would have us believe.

If the poll question was "Do you think an AR should be allowed to be used for hunting?" and we got the same results THEN we'd have cause for concern.

Just my $.02, YMMV
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't think that is a bad result... just over 1/4 of hunters are using an AR platform rifle for some part of their hunting. I'd say that's pretty good! It proves that these guns have many purposes including hunting and are not a threat to society as the libtards would have us believe.

If the poll question was "Do you think an AR should be allowed to be used for hunting?" and we got the same results THEN we'd have cause for concern.

Just my $.02, YMMV

Also, bird hunting is done with shotguns so anyone doing only that would have no use for a rifle anyway, regardless of whether it is an AR or not.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I say they all should!

That particular "Club" is not upland bird centric at all. Turkey, deer (long gun, bow, etc.), bear, elk are typically addressed in the magazine, very little hand gun. The price point of the AR's is higher than most hunting rifles. Maybe the 26% infers more than 26% have but will not necessarily use one this season for hunting.  

So there is hope?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Even if you have a FUDD at the range questioning the legality of your items and you tell him to pound sand, he will do his own research and figure out its fine.

We have a now educated FUDD.

He is now going to go buy a black rifle.

He will tell his FUDD friends how much fun it is and how pure American it is.

Its really a win/win situation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top