Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/12/2005 3:27:16 AM EDT
I heard the rumors that it was open again so I called Range Control. It's open to the public, its free, all you have to do is stop at gate 4 and register your gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:06:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2005 8:06:56 AM EDT by OEF_VET]
It's about damn time! They shut the range down in mid 2001 for remodeling and were set to reopen on 15 SEP 01, but didn't do for obvious reasons.

The really annoying thing was they didn't shut down the skeet range or stop all hunting on post, they just refused to open the POW range. So, it seems kind of hard to justify it as a security concern if they allowed hunters to roam around the back-40 unaccompanied, but wouldn't allow shoters to be closely watched by a range NCO. Go figure.

Oh yeah, what are the times it's open? I'm guessing it's still only open on the weekends.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 1:26:43 PM EDT
Can you get to the POW range via the back roads (coming from 101st) that go to the Skeet range - you know, the road that goes by the archery range and horse corral? Or is checking in at Gate 4 a must?
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:41:23 PM EDT
You can't get to the range without going through one of the manned gates. If you don't have post decals you'll have to do gate 4.

Also, the range can only be used by ID card holders. No guest either. Phone number is 270-798-3001 to get those questions answered.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:14:23 PM EDT
Hours: 9am to 5pm

Also, you must attend a safety brief given by the civilian that runs the range. Once you take the briefing you are good for a year.

See ya there!
Top Top