Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 11:29:47 AM EDT
well.. I think its free ..

turns out Baby Dolls on NW highway is moving/closing and the beer is "supposed" to be free..

Had a co-worker go last night ..he says parking is 20 bucks and you get a ticket to get in.. then FREE BEER !!!

dont really believe him but if any of you wanna do a recon mission and let us know < I would go, but work schedule is tight this week>

p.s. he also said its 20 bucks per car load /... not per person.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like they have not got their liquor licence for the new location yet.  so they give the beer away for free.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
 From what I understand, drinks are free.  In a settlement with the City of Dallas, all the clubs in that area have agreed to move to new locations that comply with current city regulations on or about 31 July 2003, or close.  Baby Doll's Dallas, BDD, beverage license came up for renewal, the city declined to renew the license since it was known fact that BDD would be closing its current location and moving.

Duncan Birch knows that the refusal to renew the license was a direct attempt by the city to damage his business, other clubs and businesses have announced intentions to move to new locations and the city has renewed their beverage licenses before this.  He decided to thumb his nose at the city by giving away drinks.

Current city regulations state that a Sexually Oriented Business, SOB, may not be within 1000 ft of another SOB, residential area, church, or school.  PTs on Lawther was granted an exception, I think for 2 years, but they will either move or close too.  I'm not sure, but Million Dollar Saloon will have to close or move also, there is an apartment complex on the other side of their large parking lot.

mm
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
so when are we going next?  and who do i ride with?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, if I get a job there will you guys tip me?  I've got a camo g-string.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is it MARPAT?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'll pay good money to NEVER see that, 82nd.

TRG
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll pay good money to wear that, 82nd.

TRG

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Hell yeah! Me Too!!

Wow, you guys really are that way....

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Hell no! Not me!!

The camo lets us sneak up on the steers easier.

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#12]
The "free beer" thing, while not common, is done because the establishment doesn't currently have a license to "sell" (as previously noted). You'll see it mostly when a new restaraunt opens before they have their license issued.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The "free beer" thing, while not common, is done because the establishment doesn't currently have a license to "sell" (as previously noted). You'll see it mostly when a new restaraunt opens before they have their license issued.

Hooters did this recently at one of their new locations (maybe a year ago?) in the metroplex.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What a bunch of fucking prudish idiots. Baby Doll is in a strip mall. In an industrial part of town. Who the fuck cares if there is another nudie bar 1000 ft away?!?!

Well, it's actually zoned residential/retail/restaurant.  Houses less than 1000 ft away also.

mm38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top