Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/1/2003 5:42:24 AM EDT
Hello to all you sunshine staters.

I'm going to be in the Sarasota area later this month for vacation. I am hoping to do a little firearm browsing and possibly buying while there, and was wondering if you guys could give me the low down on shops to visit, and what the laws are like for a non-resident like me if I see something I want to purchanse. Also, I come from a class 3 unfriendly state, and wondered if there are any ranges that rent C3 in the area.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:45:20 AM EDT
There's a range 1 county north in Clearwater that rents C3 weapons. It's called Knight Shooting Sports on US19 and 118th Ave N.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:00:18 PM EDT
Go to machineguns.com they are in Bradenton just north of Sarasota by 15 mins.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:21 AM EDT
Florida is supposed to be one of the most friendly states in the country for allowing people from out of state to purchase firearms. Lots of reports about how so many guns have been purchased in Florida and found there way up and down the east coast.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:12:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/27/2003 3:13:00 AM EDT by Phil_A_Steen]

Originally Posted By Boom:
Go to machineguns.com they are in Bradenton just north of Sarasota by 15 mins.

Second for Heavy Metal Armory. Drew is a topnotch player.

The correct web address is www.machinegun.com/.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:41:33 AM EDT
I'll second Knight Shooting Sports and Heavy Metal Armory now at their new location 4235 14th St. West (between Books-A-Million & Office Depot).
Some gun shops in Sarasota are The Bullet Hole downtown on Main St, JM Gun Repair on Whitfield Park Dr, Sarasota Gun & Mercantile on Tamiami Trail and, Take Aim Shooting Range(15 lanes) University & US301 near the airport.
Top Top