Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2003 7:41:34 PM EDT
I would like to put forth a motion to have the first Beer Drinker's Association of AR15.com - Minnesota meeting either this FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, OR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2003!

My proposal is that it is held about 7 PM in a location (in the Metro Area) to be determined through discussion on this board.

PUT FORTH YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR A LOCATION, and a TIME FRAME!

For example.  The Default time will be 7 PM, but if we decide to hold our first meeting at a specific bar with fantastic drink specials which are TIME SENSITIVE (ie. Before 5-7 PM, or 9 PM and thereafter) we can likely accommodate the timeframe for specials!!!

Let me know what you think, or if this day is possible for you guys???  It will work quite well for me, but I'd like to know what you guys think!  PLEASE REPLY WITHIN THIS THREAD TO HELP QUICKLY RESOLVE THE DATE/LOCATION/TIME ISSUE!

EDITED:  DUE TO INCONGRUENCIES IN SCHEDULES, TO MAKE THINGS MORE FLEXIBLE, I PROPOSE FRIDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING AS ANOTHER POSSIBILITY!  LET US KNOW WHAT WORKS BEST...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I could probably get away for a couple hours on Sat eve. If you all come up with a place and time I will try to be there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The 20th = bad day for me,  boss's wedding = free booze & possibly some of the bride's hot friends.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm game.

The three holes I prefer to drink out of are:
- Half Time Rec in St. Paul (great Irish Bar)
- Brits Pub (smoking allowed)
- Rock Bottom Brewery

Something on the south side of town would be just as good. Like the Watertower in Eden Prairie.

Sat. works, but, maybe earlier in the day. I am going out drinking with family/friends after 5pm.

Maybe we could meet for a late lunch?

Just my $.02

-Warlock
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Roadhouse - Burnsville
Billabong - Bloomington
GreenMill - Bloomington

As you can see.. I prefer the southern burbs.. no problem elsewhere though.. will make it if schedule permits.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
1.  I don't drink beer
2.  I stay away from bars
3.  I work 2nd shift M-F 15:00 to 23:00

I just used this as my 300th post  damnit
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh, I see you revamped it Inuh.

I'd like something in the East/Northern area,  but would be willing to drive most anywhere that isn't out in BFE.

Also would prefer a restaurant/bar too.  I'm not too big on bar only places (have to be in a certain mood to tolerate that many a-holes).

Something like an Applebee's or Old Chicago or something.

BTW I voted 19th/Evening
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new to this board, and I'm probably as old as some of your fathers (you know, actually I might.....oh, nothing).  Anyway, a beer fest is always intriguing.  I probably won't make it, but if it's in the western suburbs, who knows?  You guys sound like you might be fun.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm new to this board, and I'm probably as old as some of your fathers (you know, actually I might.....oh, nothing).  Anyway, a beer fest is always intriguing.  I probably won't make it, but if it's in the western suburbs, who knows?  You guys sound like you might be fun.  

We're not very fun, actually.  

I guess I am, but most everyone else here is kinda lame.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
most everyone else here is kinda lame.

Our Kung Fu is weak
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Friday Afternoon works better for me - but I can try to make Saturday as well.  

Who's buying?

Edited to add:  

Also, I'm highly offended by Brits, Irish, Italians, Germans, and Mexicans.  So if we could avoid establishments catering to those ethnic flavors, that'd be super.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd be open to a drink on Friday after work at Brit's pub.

Although I am highly offended by this board, everyone on it, the British, the Irish, the Italians, the Mexicans, the Polish and the Swedes, I'd be willing to drink some beer together to see if it may all work out.  

If not, I'll go home and drink by myself like all the other angry loners on this board.

Also, I particularly hate the Norweigans.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Assclown....My grandpa's Norweigan.  Well, he was.....now he's mostly dead.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]
[thread hijack]

Don't get me wrong, I love ethnic women, I just think the men need some work.  Sounds like your grandpa is just plain not interesting anymore.  At least a dead Norweigian keeps his mouth shut more often.

Hey, you sound like a good guy...

We should go shooting sometime.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah...except for the Norweigans, we hate most of the same people!

Sorry Matt....back to your thread.  [/hijack]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Where the heck is Brit's Pub?  Really, WTF is a "Pub"?  Is that like an alcoholic's version of a Pamida?

Yes, indeed, our Kung Fu is weak.  (So am I though, but that doesn't stop me from having a good time)

OTOH...
[Nigel Powers]
There are two kinds of people I cannot stand:
Those who are intolerant of other peoples' cultures; and the DUTCH.
[/Nigel Powers]

Also, the MC isn't far off with his statement.  We really aren't all that much fun...  But then again, we've never really gone out & had a bunch of booze/beer together, so it might prove to be an interesting event...  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Doesn't Pub mean they don't serve real booze, just beer?

And if you don't like those 'ethnic' places what are we supposed to eat?  mac and cheese and ramen?  oh wait ramen is somewhat ethnic.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
There is non-ethnic bar food.  Hamburgers, Chili-Cheese dogs, fries, sandwiches, pizza...  (I know they have ethnic origins, but come on...  We all know that REALLY these foods are AMERICAN)

RAMEN, that's got an ETHIC origin, but who made RAMEN noodles popular?  POOR AMERICAN COLLEGE STUDENTS!!!  Who made PIZZA a popular modern commodity?  AMERICANS.  We are THE cultural mecca of the world, so it's difficult to eat something in this great nation of liberal cowards without that particular food having a foreign ethnic background.

Thus I do not call food "Ethic" in any way, as it's all just food.  That's your ETHNIC BACKGROUND based HABIT that you're using to CATEGORIZE EVERYTHING.  That's a EUROPEAN thing to do...  Not too many other cultures in remote parts of the world feel there's a need to categorize foods, automobile types, different races, different species of animals, etc...  There are names for different animals, but many don't group them together, such as reptiles, mammals, etc...

WHO CARES, IT'S ALL FOOD.  EAT IT & STFU!!!  

I'm just f'ing with you jakezor...  

Although the food issue does raise some questions...

I just wish we could all agree on a location, date, and time...    Maybe this wasn't the best of ideas, but I want a beer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I was just trying to mess with the other guys that were complaining.

I am concerned about the pub vs bar thang.  To be honest there are many more fermented drinks I would partake in before most beers.

Gulden Draak being an exception.

Some friends and I are hitting up the Triple Rock tonight,  241s from 9 to 12,  94 and cedar.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
So, have we decided on a chow-bar yet?

Brits is on Nicollet in Murderapolis, just 2 blocks west of Target. I'm game for that.

Billabongs in Bloomington has good chow.
(That is where I was at when sen. tombstone hit the ground last year. I had an extra beer right afterwards and bought a liberal a shot of Jack)

Half Time Rec has music (irish) on Fri & Sat. with lots of really drunk women. (iNuh may find them attractive, but hell, after robbing graves all day, Granny from the Bev. Hillbillies must look sexy) ;)

Anyhow, pick a time and a place and lets drink/eat/talk guns.

No DumbF*ckLiberals.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

If not, I'll go home and drink by myself like all the other angry loners on this board.

Thats what I'm taking about.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]
So, Can we all agree on drinking at Brits Pub???  That sounds good enough for me at the moment.

What do the rest of you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Do they have chilled Jaegermeister? Or are they heathens?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Brit's Pub sounds good to me.
Go here to get some info.
http://www.britspub.com/main/main.htm
and a phone # for any questions 612.332.3908
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Friday Evening counts me out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey Inuh,  you back home yet?  

(he got 'tow up at Triple Rock tonight)

Oh and does Brit's have decent parking available?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Do you remember was that 6 drinks or 7 I had last night?  I don't remember much about it.  On my way home I hit a Taco Bell with my bicycle.  I stopped in, ate 3 tacos & a tall glass of ice water.  Rode down Franklin Ave further, and fell over in front of a Dairy Queen, but it was closed.  I pissed on Wells Fargo Bank, and then somehow managed to ride all the way home.

Clearly I wretched my guts out for some time, and remember looking up to see it was 2:30 when I finally felt good enough to fall asleep.  I woke up 1/2 hr late for my first class feeling like I got hit by a Mack Truck, but got to the class anyway.  Went through the 2nd class, and now I'm back FINALLY replying to this.  Sorry I didn't write back sooner Jake...  I have to go clean up the giant 1 gallon bowl FULL of puke in my bathroom, and wash some off the bathroom rug too.  I guess it wasn't too wise for me to drink too much there...  That's what happens when I have liquor...  I think at the BDA meeting I'm only going to have 2 beers.  If I order more drinks than that, take 'em & drink 'em before I can...

At least Brits is close to a bus line back the the University so I don't have to worry about bicycling or driving home.  I'm going to try to drink much more responsibly than I did last night!!!    I hate feeling sick.  I still have a hang over at the moment.  Those 241's were great prices though.  That, plus the whisky I had...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah I don't know why you got the shots of whiskey,  double fisting da beers is usually fast enough.

You were swirling pretty good too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Brit's is a full-blown bar with womenz and everything.  It's right across from Peavey Plaza/Orchestra Hall.  You can park on the street or at the Orch. Hall municipal ramp off of Marquette.

You guys really need to get out more...
Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Well sorry I pretty much hate minnecrapolis.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#30]
So Brit's it is.....do we have a time/date yet?

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, I guess it's FRIDAY EVENING at 6 PM at Brits PUB.

There's a problem with the Poll.  If you voted for 2 things, NONE of the options will ever get above 50% for a value.  Thus it's such small percentages in each entry.  However, it appears as though most people voted for:

FRIDAY EVENING at 6 PM, and I guess it seems that Brits Pub is what was most agreed upon.

SO LETS MAKE IT BRITS PUB, and 6 PM.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#32]
So, Friday at 6pm at Brits, then?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, maybe next time. I work till 6pm and then go to get my son. The wife has school until 8 on Friday. Have fun!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I can't drink beer
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd like to get a shoot together at a time we can agree on, maybe before the snow flies. How about a 200 yd. open sight shoot at full cans of pop....$1.00 a shot ante until hit. My son Jay and I shoot this game with .45's at 50 yds off hand, it would be alot of fun with AR's at 200. I don't have the time to run over to Murderapolis.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a great time at the BDA meeting tonight.  I'd like to thank FedGunner, MrsFedGunner, and mcnielsen for joining to help make it a great event.  I had a good time, great company, and it was worth it.  I hope that the next B.D.A. meeting comes to fruition as well.  I had a great time guys, thanks for showing up!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I stopped in, but, had to run to another event (also downtown) and didn't recognise anyone.

(I have only seen iNuh once in person and didn't see DevilsAdvocate either)

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I stopped in, but, had to run to another event (also downtown) and didn't recognise anyone.

(I have only seen iNuh once in person and didn't see DevilsAdvocate either)

Maybe next time.

We ate outside and moved into the pool room after about 90 minutes... Sorry we missed you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top