Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:32:48 PM EDT
Hi, this is my first post although I've been lurking for a while. Like a lot of other folks I've decided to pick up one of the relatively cheap Romy kits from DPHARMS and have it built into a post ban compliant ak variant legal in the Garden State. Does anyone know of a FFL in northern NJ (I live in Bergen county) who will do a transfer on one of the Global Trades receivers? Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:33:38 AM EDT
If you can't find one in North Jersey I know of one in Central Jersey, Freehold. His email address is VINCO35@AOL.COM He charges $25.00 plus the $15.00 for the NICS check.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:48:40 AM EDT
Try side-by-side in Denville, NJ. lion_dog may know of an FFL in Bergen for a transfer. Give him an IM.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:21:43 PM EDT
Thanks guys, I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:56:31 PM EDT
TRY LUCIANO'S IN LODI , BERGEN COUNTY.
JOE USED TO DO THEM YEARS AGO, NOT SURE NOW BUT WORTH A TRY.
OR MAYBE MELTZERS IN GARFEILD.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:15:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 5:17:51 AM EDT by TraumaLevel1]
Stay far away from Bergen Sporting Goods in Ridgefield NJ and The Gun Exchange in Butler (off Rt 23N)

Bergen Sporting goods charges about 55 bux plus 15 nix fees for transfer. If you go there expect to pay about 100 to 150 bux more each gun.

He will also charge you a weekly fee to hold a transfered gun while your waiting for you permit to clear. Its a small store with a small inventory. He is forced to charge extra for everything because he has big time lawyer bills. He's fighting ther town about the close proximity to a school.

The Gun Exchange Not a very trust worthy guy. Also charges a lot for guns and transfers. Will not stand behind his sales, but thats just my experience with him.

BTW Both of these guys used to work for the Army Navy Store before it closed.

I have spoken to VINCO35@AOL.COM and he seems like a nice guy. Also he doesnt charge much for transfers and will work with you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:43:25 AM EDT
Have not use him but there is a guy in Fairview named Mike, Mike's guns or something similar, and as I remember $20 or $25 plus NICS. Can find him and others by checking gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, gunsamerica.com for transfer FFLs

I opted to drive from Northern to Central to see Ron Griglioletto / Legacy Firearms. $20 per firearm plus NICS, but a great guy with a fantastic consignment selection to browse.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:37:33 AM EDT
+1 on Mikes in Fairview - just one note ... he has crazy hours as he is an armorer for several
PDs in the area and takes care of the LEOs as they seem to be his bread & butter. Good
guy and knows/has ARs and 1911s well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:43:21 AM EDT
I spoke to Mike's in Fairview (I'm like 5 minutes away) but he won't do a transfer on a Global Trades receiver. Seemed like a very nice guy but he says he doesn't want the hassle of dealing with AK related stuff. I'll keep trying. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:12:52 AM EDT
You can try Bullet Hole in Belleville. Essex county. www.bulletholeinc.com

Also Meltzers in Garfield. www.meltzers.com <<< Bunch of good guys there, BTW

I've dealt with them both on numerous occasions. All good people.
Top Top