Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 7:11:37 PM EST
Anyone in the Hampton Roads area: Who do you use for FFL? I'd prefer Virginia Beach or Norfolk but if you can recommend a good reliable one in Chesapeake or Hampton that will work too.

Please include their fee too.

Thanks in advance - Marc
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:21:20 AM EST
I've used The Armoury, the Lynnhaven indoor range, and the Virginia Beach outdoor range (same folks as Lynnhaven, but different adress). No problems with any of them. Service was fine and the fee (which I can't remember) wasn't outrageous.

All of them want to only deal with other FFLs though, so you have to make sure that the sender is either an FFL or using an FFL. Legally, you don't need an FFL to send a gun to an FFL, but many FFLs won't send their FFL to a NON-FFL out of fear that it will be used illegally by someone.

I've never used Superior Pawn.

If I need to transfer something from a non-FFL, I'd probably just pay them extra to use an FFL because I'm lazy. There are several FFLs on the board here that live in VA, and the eaiest thing to do is to just go right down teh yellow pages and find out what they charge and what they require.

Ross
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:28:36 AM EST
Bobs on Granby st. will send a FFL to a non-FFL, and receive firearms from non FFLs. Transfer fee (I think) is $20, been awhile since the actually charged me. Good folks...
Plus a pretty good inventory. Years membership to the indoor range with any handgun purchase. On site gunsmith.
Top Top