Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:56:18 AM EDT
I don't know Virginia well enough yet to know where is where without too much hassle.  Anyone know of any FFLs anywhere near Lexington that would transfer three rifles for me without charging 25 dollars a rifle?  It would be three Mosin Nagants, so I don't want to pay half the weapons cost over again in transfers.  Thanks,

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you in Lexington, but if you where in Richmond it would be $10.00.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that always the going rate?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does everyone bitch about the transfer fees that dealers' charge? $25 isn't that much, and the local dealers have overhead, and the transfer fee helps to pay that.

The store I used to work at was $50 for the first gun on transfer, and $10 for each additional, if they were going to or from the same place.

Don't llike it? Don't ask your dealer to transfer $50 guns.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why does everyone bitch about the transfer fees that dealers' charge? $25 isn't that much, and the local dealers have overhead, and the transfer fee helps to pay that.

The store I used to work at was $50 for the first gun on transfer, and $10 for each additional, if they were going to or from the same place.

Because paying a $50 transfer fee on a $100 receiver is bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then work out a deal. We would cut a break to repeat customers, but if you were a transfer only kind of person, who we saw once or twice a year, you got charged the regular rate.

FFL's don't HAVE to do transfers. It's a service, just like gunsmithing, or instructing. And you have to pay for it one way or another.

Open your own store, get insurance, and buy stuff to stock your store with, and see how you feel about it then.
And don't forget about salary for the payroll, and money for yourself. Don't want to work for free do you?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
My dealer in Christiansburg charges $15 + sales tax for as many guns as he can fit on one form.  He charged me $40 for 5 AR-15 lowers IIRC..   We're a pretty long haul down I-81 from you, you'd blow your savings in gas money
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:02:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Not that anyone is, but nobody in Central VA can bitch about transfers being costly.

My fee for a Title I transfer is $10.00, who can bitch about that?

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
Richmond, VA
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then work out a deal. We would cut a break to repeat customers, but if you were a transfer only kind of person, who we saw once or twice a year, you got charged the regular rate.

FFL's don't HAVE to do transfers. It's a service, just like gunsmithing, or instructing. And you have to pay for it one way or another.

Open your own store, get insurance, and buy stuff to stock your store with, and see how you feel about it then.
And don't forget about salary for the payroll, and money for yourself. Don't want to work for free do you?

I'm not going to sit here and argue about this with you, it's petty. If you charge $50 for a transfer that's fine. I'll stick to places that charge me a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not going to sit here and argue about this with you, it's petty. If you charge $50 for a transfer that's fine. I'll stick to places that charge me a reasonable price.

Well, I don't charge anything, because I'm not an FFL holder, and I no longer work there. And they do enough transfers that makes it obvious that it is perfectly fine with their customer base.

Sorry that YOU don't like it.

Of course, most people want something for nothing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't know Virginia well enough yet to know where is where without too much hassle.  Anyone know of any FFLs anywhere near Lexington that would transfer three rifles for me without charging 25 dollars a rifle?  It would be three Mosin Nagants, so I don't want to pay half the weapons cost over again in transfers.  Thanks,

-Ben

Pay $30 and get your C&R FFL and order them to your house direct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top