Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 5:12:32 PM EDT
Hi guys I know this has been posted but I want to see about getting one of these or both . How do I go about getting one of these here in IL.  I been wanting to pick up some old rifles always get the need the FFl and don't really want to go get a transfer. I don't know maybe  we can't get these.  any help would be great thanks .
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi guys I know this has been posted but I want to see about getting one of these or both . How do I go about getting one of these here in IL.  I been wanting to pick up some old rifles always get the need the FFl and don't really want to go get a transfer. I don't know maybe  we can't get these.  any help would be great thanks .

If you want to get old rifles, you will need a C & R Class III FFL.  A Class I FFL allows you to buy anything, but it sounds like you need a store front shop to be able to qualify for one of those.

Everything you need to know about getting a C & R is right here on ARFCOM in The Armory under Curio and Relics.  Or you could just click on the link below.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=14

I think there a number of Illinois members with C&Rs.  I received mine this summer.

A word of advise...start saving some money, because you will want everything you see!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply . I will try to get it soon been wanting an old 98 mouser . Did you have to send a copy or your ap to your local law  police or sherrif??
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I sent a copy and a letter to my local police chief.  They never contacted me.

another site that explains the process  www.crufflers.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi

I have an FFL CLASS I and do not have a store front, but I have had a side business in computers for 7 years and am incorporated and run it out of my house, I think that is why I got the license.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hi

I have an FFL CLASS I and do not have a store front, but I have had a side business in computers for 7 years and am incorporated and run it out of my house, I think that is why I got the license.

That has nothing to do with it. It's not as hard as people think it is to get a Class 1 FFL. Grown ups run businesses all the time, it's not unobtainable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello Jimmi,

Getting a C& R in Illinois is a no brainer. Fill out the App, send a copy to your local sheriff  and $30 and wait about a month or so... Best $30 I ever spent... It's a pretty stupid law if you think about it. Ranks right up there along with the AWB.... With your C&R you can only buy stuff 50 years old or older.  No new stuff. ????? Which don't make a lot of sense in my mind....???? Guess 50 year old weapons never killed anyone, and 49 year old ones do...??????  

On the surface the C&R appears to only cost 30 bucks. But really it's costs 1000's.  First thing you'll need is another safe or two... Starts out where you buy one rifle. Then the 3 for deals look way to good to pass up.... Or how about the 5 for deals.... Hey I'm starting to understand womans logic here the more you spend the more you save.. :-) If you don't mind spending your time cleaning and fixing up the old stuff. A 100 bucks can buy you alot of firearm. I have sure learned a bunch in the 2 plus years I've had mine...  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm sending my app in this weekend. I got the form off cruffler.com, got a few tips from some other boards, and got everything together to send in...the application and the self-certification form. Doesn't seem that difficult to get or maintain. The waiting game starts now...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top