Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2004 4:12:32 PM EST
Hi guys I know this has been posted but I want to see about getting one of these or both . How do I go about getting one of these here in IL. I been wanting to pick up some old rifles always get the need the FFl and don't really want to go get a transfer. I don't know maybe we can't get these. any help would be great thanks .
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:53:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jimmi:
Hi guys I know this has been posted but I want to see about getting one of these or both . How do I go about getting one of these here in IL. I been wanting to pick up some old rifles always get the need the FFl and don't really want to go get a transfer. I don't know maybe we can't get these. any help would be great thanks .

If you want to get old rifles, you will need a C & R Class III FFL. A Class I FFL allows you to buy anything, but it sounds like you need a store front shop to be able to qualify for one of those.

Everything you need to know about getting a C & R is right here on ARFCOM in The Armory under Curio and Relics. Or you could just click on the link below.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=14

I think there a number of Illinois members with C&Rs. I received mine this summer.

A word of advise...start saving some money, because you will want everything you see!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:40:56 PM EST
Thanks for the reply . I will try to get it soon been wanting an old 98 mouser . Did you have to send a copy or your ap to your local law police or sherrif??
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:37:33 AM EST
Yes, I sent a copy and a letter to my local police chief. They never contacted me.

another site that explains the process www.crufflers.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:10 PM EST
Hi

I have an FFL CLASS I and do not have a store front, but I have had a side business in computers for 7 years and am incorporated and run it out of my house, I think that is why I got the license.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:27:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By PCGuns:
Hi

I have an FFL CLASS I and do not have a store front, but I have had a side business in computers for 7 years and am incorporated and run it out of my house, I think that is why I got the license.

That has nothing to do with it. It's not as hard as people think it is to get a Class 1 FFL. Grown ups run businesses all the time, it's not unobtainable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:30:11 AM EST
Hello Jimmi,

Getting a C& R in Illinois is a no brainer. Fill out the App, send a copy to your local sheriff and $30 and wait about a month or so... Best $30 I ever spent... It's a pretty stupid law if you think about it. Ranks right up there along with the AWB.... With your C&R you can only buy stuff 50 years old or older. No new stuff. ????? Which don't make a lot of sense in my mind....???? Guess 50 year old weapons never killed anyone, and 49 year old ones do...??????

On the surface the C&R appears to only cost 30 bucks. But really it's costs 1000's. First thing you'll need is another safe or two... Starts out where you buy one rifle. Then the 3 for deals look way to good to pass up.... Or how about the 5 for deals.... Hey I'm starting to understand womans logic here the more you spend the more you save.. :-) If you don't mind spending your time cleaning and fixing up the old stuff. A 100 bucks can buy you alot of firearm. I have sure learned a bunch in the 2 plus years I've had mine...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:09:50 AM EST
I'm sending my app in this weekend. I got the form off cruffler.com, got a few tips from some other boards, and got everything together to send in...the application and the self-certification form. Doesn't seem that difficult to get or maintain. The waiting game starts now...
Top Top