Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:15:54 AM EST
So who are good resources to use for FFLs for transfers for Gunbroker type purchases in the Saint Louis area? I am specifically in the Creve Couerish area, but I don't need someone super close- even Saint Charles would do.

(If there is a link or thread that already covers this, can someone point me to it?)
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:00:41 AM EST
Mike's Guns, near Hwy94 and Pralle Lane in St Charles will do transfers for $10.

You could hope right over the page bridge and be there in minutes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:58:54 AM EST
My only concern about Mike's: When I asked him if he did transfers, he said yes, IF it was a gun he didn't carry. I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:08:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By Karl_Withakay:
My only concern about Mike's: When I asked him if he did transfers, he said yes, IF it was a gun he didn't carry. I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that.

If hes got one in stock he won't transfer the exact same thing in.

Try C&S Metal Werks. Its near 94 and Jungerman.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:33:56 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:04:02 AM EST
Call Tim at Pawn Emporium in Saint Charles I have used him for 4 transfers no hastle and only charges $15 (best deal I could find). Real nice and easy guy to deal with.

Phone # is phone: 636-940-6996

address is

1879 S. Old Highway 94
Saint Charles, MO 63303
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:50:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2008 2:41:43 PM EST by JD_Ruger_fan]
Yeah, I used Tim and it was a pretty good transfer.

I called Mike's and they told me $20.
Bullseye on Manchester in STL and Top Gun in Imperial both charge around $25-35.

Use GunBroker to search for more dealers by zip code.

LINK
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 1:58:59 PM EST
I have used Bob Butler in Creve Coeur. He is an excellent guy and is probably right around the corner from you if you are in the area. Transfers were $20 a few years ago. Here is his contact info:

Bob Butler
314-432-5180
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:14:25 PM EST
I have used Mid America Arms twice now and found them to be more than helpful. I would recommend them.

Chris

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:40:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By cbecker333:
I have used Mid America Arms twice now and found them to be more than helpful. I would recommend them.

Chris

When I asked them, they said they wouldn't ship anything still in production...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:22:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By JD_Ruger_fan:

Originally Posted By cbecker333:

Chris

When I asked them, they said they wouldn't ship anything still in production...

Hmmm, could be....last time I went was about 3 years ago

I called about suppressors and they would transfer an SWR since they did not, nor plan to carry it. So there may be some leeway.

My last 2 guns came from C&S......

-Chris

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:56:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2008 1:59:03 PM EST by Karl_Withakay]
Thanks for the info guys.

I saw Tim listed on Auction Arms as an FFL in the area for transfers, and based on the posts here, I will use him. I am rally close to what used to be the end of Page, so the 364 bridge is a stone's throw away.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:08:03 AM EST
Does Tim do Pistols too?

At the very least you can then stop and take a look at Mike's place. He does have a pretty good selection despite his attitude.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:39:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:43:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2008 8:45:31 AM EST by JD_Ruger_fan]

Originally Posted By AeroE:

He's gruff about the topic. Why not, he's in the business to sell guns and you're not going to beat his price on a new firearm. His prices are bare bones, and there are a couple of dollars available if you don't use a credit card or trade a gun. $10 for a transfer is a gift of his time.

I don't know why people keep saying this. I've asked several times and I've been told $25 or so. Maybe it's because I'm not a frequent customer. Then again, I'm not a frequent customer because every time I go in there I get completely ignored whether there are 2 or 20 people working the counter. I was going to buy a MKIII from them, but I couldn't even get someone to offer me help so I went to Top Gun instead. Their prices may be a tiny bit more expensive, but the people are super friendly and helpful and they give you free range time with a purchase. Unfortunately, they're expensive for transfers too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:42:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:52:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By JD_Ruger_fan:

He's gruff about the topic. Why not, he's in the business to sell guns and you're not going to beat his price on a new firearm. His prices are bare bones, and there are a couple of dollars available if you don't use a credit card or trade a gun. $10 for a transfer is a gift of his time.

I don't know why people keep saying this. I've asked several times and I've been told $25 or so. Maybe it's because I'm not a frequent customer. Then again, I'm not a frequent customer because every time I go in there I get completely ignored whether there are 2 or 20 people working the counter. I was going to buy a MKIII from them, but I couldn't even get someone to offer me help so I went to Top Gun instead. Their prices may be a tiny bit more expensive, but the people are super friendly and helpful and they give you free range time with a purchase. Unfortunately, they're expensive for transfers too.

Even at $25 it's a gift.

Your experience is unusual. Unless the place is packed, there is generally someone to ask if you want help within a few seconds of pulling up to the counter. If you want to look, they'll leave you alone. I've been there one time when all three counters were lined full length and it was impossible to get timely help. Be patient, it won't last long.

Are we talking about Mike from Mike's Guns here? Every time I go in there someone asks me if they can help me with something - even when they're pretty busy. I've never asked him about transfers, but he has a sign taped up inside his store that says he'll do transfers for $10.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:47:48 AM EST
I've never had any problem with Mike at Mike's guns either. I love shopping there. He's a really nice guy to talk to as well. I was just wanted to find an FFL for transfers I could use in all situations. The one time I asked Mike, he said he'd do transfers, as long as it was a gun he didn't carry, which I understand totally. I want a single FFL I can use to buy any gun off Gunbroker, even if it is a current model, and not have to worry about whether the FFL has that gun in stock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:58:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By BlueNoteExpress:

Are we talking about Mike from Mike's Guns here? Every time I go in there someone asks me if they can help me with something - even when they're pretty busy. I've never asked him about transfers, but he has a sign taped up inside his store that says he'll do transfers for $10.

Yup, me too. Very friendly and someone is always offering to help me.

And their prices are very fair, much better than most other stores in the area. They've also got a good selection.

They've done transfers for me in the past, but I can't remember the cost.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:41:06 PM EST
I'd say C&S Metal Werkes. These guys have gone out of their way to be helpful to me, in ways you would NEVER expect of a gun store. I mean that...they are top notch.

-Ben
Top Top