Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 9:08:09 PM EDT
Florida Defensive Carbine Club will be having its 38th match at the Osceola National Forrest Range in Lake City, FL. As always, we will be there the last Sunday of the month (November 30th). Hammers drop at 9:30am. Directions are on the www site in my sig line.

For those who do not already know, this is a 100% free match, without an entry or range fee. Just show up on time with a rifle, about 100 rounds and a good attitude. Its a casual, safe and fun environment, we hope to see you out there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wendy and I plan to be there....Hawkeye, did u get my email re:  gear?

Stephen
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wendy and I plan to be there....Hawkeye, did u get my email re:  gear?

Stephen

Yes I did. Sorry bout that. Reply sent.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I plan to be there as long as my manager doesnt change something on me last min. I should have 2 friends comming. Any idea on the COFS?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm working on them... they'll be out later in the week.

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a question. Not a complaint, not even a request. Just a question (well, maybe sort of a whine). I teach Sunday School. It's hard enough getting middle- and high-school kids to show up, without me giving the bad example of skipping out once a month myself. I love these matches, but only get to them when my shooting jones overwhelms my sense of responsibility. I have wondered why they're at 9:30 AM instead of, say, 2 PM. After all, the traditional M-Word drills were after church. Anybody know how Sunday morning got to be the time?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#7]
New-arguy can correct me, but, I think that Sunday's used to be his only day off. Thus he was at the range Sunday monrings to shoot.

Sunday morning is about the only time that available really. Since so many people have to travel and hour or more, that kills anything in the afternoon. I know I couldnt do it. Saturday's would be great, but, quite a few people work Sat. as well. Being very active at my church, I get a reprieve from our pastor to miss one Sunday a month .
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Simple compromise.

Let's have them Saturday and Sunday...

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#9]
NO SUNDAY SCHOOL THIS WEEK!
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
If any of the FDCC folks are intrested there will also be a SEPSA 3-Gun match at Gateway On Saturday Nov 29 at 9am.  This should be a full weekend for those who want to do both. If not see everyone on Sunday!  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd love to go to the 3-gun match, but there's that silly Florida vs. Florida State football game that I have to go to
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the Lake City Range's policy on "produce" targets?  Gateway, for instance, disallows anything but range approved paper bullseye type targets (no cans, jugs, fruit, etc).

I've got a digital camera, and 6 10mm Glaser Safety slugs that are getting quite old that I'd like to go ahead and burn.  I'm curious how photogenic a test in 10% calibrated ordinance watermelon would be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's the Lake City Range's policy on "produce" targets?  Gateway, for instance, disallows anything but range approved paper bullseye type targets (no cans, jugs, fruit, etc).

I've got a digital camera, and 6 10mm Glaser Safety slugs that are getting quite old that I'd like to go ahead and burn.  I'm curious how photogenic a test in 10% calibrated ordinance watermelon would be.

I know there has been some fuit destruction there before......
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a good idea, I'm one of the ones that have to clean it up.

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not a good idea, I'm one of the ones that have to clean it up.

Dirk

Exactly why I have resisted the temptation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
First COF requires a handgun...

COF 1

Dirk
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
First COF requires a handgun...

COF 1
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20199

Dirk

I LIKE it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Excellent. BTW does it make any difference if I clean up any nonstandard target residue I may leave? I bought a case of cheap cheap bottled water for nonconsumptive use.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the things we have to do to be able to continue to use the range is to follow the ranges posted rules. The posted rules disallow shooting at such targets... Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Shooting the bowling pins at 50 proved more difficult that some thought it would be...

Yet another TA31 among the ranks of FDCC!

Here's the new Tango Down forward grip!!!

Alan Esq is BACK!!!

Probably my favorite picture this month

Dangit Burney, where is the rest of your rifle???

Have you ever seen anyone just dump a registered SBR to the groud? Well, you are about to!

In case you cant see it, L to R thats a #46 SIR, a #58mod SIR and a #50 SIR!!!!

WOW, what a bunch of cool rifles!!!

Kick ass!

Last one off the range, cleaning up all my crap!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, I sure wish I could have been there. First shoot I have ever missed. I feel so ashamed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#22]
bipods?

BIPODS????

Wienies
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
bipods?

BIPODS????

Wienies

I dont use one......yet.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
bipods?

BIPODS????

Wienies

Don't need it... I can win without it.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Great pics!  Looks like a good shoot.  Sorry I missed it.  I work midnights and I'm outside most of the time.  The cold weather has been beating me down, and I needed a few days of rest.

Hope to make it back soon though.

Stephen
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like it was a great shoot!  Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting my work done in September when I just sat on ARFCOM all day  I've been absolutely swamped lately.  I won't be at the next shoot either, unfortunately, or the 3-gun.  I promise I'll be there in January ready rock 'n' roll!  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#27]
It was bad enough missing the match. I kinda forgot about it while ARFCOM was down, but, now that the pics are up, I'm really anxious to shoot again. Good thing it's not that far away.

Hey, it looks like you used pins for the shoot off instead on balloons! Damn, I might have had a chance this time. Ban balloons!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#28]
A good time was had by all. The bowling pins were fun. With the cooler weather we had numerous AR malfunctions, a couple of M1 malfunctions, some Mini 14 malfunctions, zero AK malfunctions, zero Daewoo malfunctions. I believe the Kel-Tec was also problem-free, but I don't remember for sure. If anyone is interested,and I remember, and I feel like it, next month I'll start keeping a log of malfunctions by weapon and ammo type.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
A good time was had by all. The bowling pins were fun. With the cooler weather we had numerous AR malfunctions, a couple of M1 malfunctions, some Mini 14 malfunctions, zero AK malfunctions, zero Daewoo malfunctions. I believe the Kel-Tec was also problem-free, but I don't remember for sure. If anyone is interested,and I remember, and I feel like it, next month I'll start keeping a log of malfunctions by weapon and ammo type.

Mark my Colt down as malfunction free.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#30]
No problem from my Pony                                                  
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the barrel on mine is bent a little...that is why I couldn't hit the damn pins! Ha!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Lets have 90% of the shooters use AKs or Daewoo's, shooters whose level of experience and weapons system knowledge range from very high to "whats this button do" and see if that ratio doesnt change a little.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I had a malfunction, but I think it was due to the ammo.  The case showed signs of extreme overpressure.  The primer was flattened flush with the bottom of the case.  

I am trying to determine the source, but the case is marked 87 on the top and 13 on the bottom.  Some old SA might have snuck in with my normal stock... oh well.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Not wishing to be drawn into, much less start pointless and unresolvable controversy perhaps I will keep my reliability observations to myself henceforth. I have nothing against ARs. I thoroughly enjoy all five of mine. In a stressful situation though I would feel more comfortable with the Daewoo which has never jammed in the twenty years that I have owned it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:51:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Not wishing to be drawn into, much less start pointless and unresolvable controversy perhaps I will keep my reliability observations to myself henceforth. I have nothing against ARs. I thoroughly enjoy all five of mine. In a stressful situation though I would feel more comfortable with the Daewoo which has never jammed in the twenty years that I have owned it.

I think someone might have been trying to jerk your chain a tad.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

daewoodog,

The only controversy you have to worry about is the Bushmaster crowd when they see how infrequent the Colt malfunctions are.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

daewoodog,

The only controversy you have to worry about is the Bushmaster crowd when they see how infrequent the Colt malfunctions are.

Dirk

I cant recal ever having ANY with either of my Bushmasters.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#38]
So far I have had only one problem with my BM. The gas key screws loosened after 1000 rounds of LC ammo. Which wasn't too bad considering it was an off the shelf M4.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I believe I'm getting a nibble....

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice pictures.  I'd love to see something like that in Indiana, good fun.  Looks like a custom AR 4th row from the bottom on the thumbnails.  What is it?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like a lot of fun!

I wish there were something like that around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top