Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2003 3:12:33 PM EDT
Hope everyone that had to travel 'Far and Wide' made it back safely.......

I had intended on participating, but as my luck would have it the day started off all wrong. Woke up late, kids where fighting first thing this morning, so to give my wife a break, I opted to bring my 6 year old along….. No problem as I wanted him to get a feel for the environment (being at the range)…. He showed a lot of interest and will be getting his first rifle this Christmas (of course he wants an AR )!

Didn’t really get to meet anyone, but it was great to see my old buddy Norm74 again !

Again, my hats off to the FDCC guys for a great time……  and now that I have a feel on how the match is run…… I’ll see you next month!!!!

(BTW I was the guy there with the Grey Florida State Fire College T-shirt on with the little kid in tow!)

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, what a long boring drive home.
We just got in about an hour ago!
hanksI would also like to thank the company's that donated all the goodies for the raffle. (wish I could have got my hands on one of those Sure Fires!)
Hopefully the wife & I will be seeing everyone again next year....
Thanks again             Brent
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 3:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you guys had a good time. Hope everyone else did as well. Sorry for everything going as slowly as it did, but with the number of people we had, we just couldnt get through everyone any faster.
Thanks to everyone who showed up. Definitely a great crowd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, I was worn out last night but it sure was a lot of fun.

I wanted to apologize to the shooters who did not get a chance to run the shoot house with their carbine. We ran as many people as we could until the RO's were worn out and in the time we had.  We've learned alot from this year and next year will be even better.

Thanks to everyone who helped, I can't list everyone's name, so I won't even try, Sometimes we would just grab someone to help us. It's always been my observation that usually a group of gun guys who don't know each other can always get together and have a good time.
Everyone I saw was safe and courtious, just as I would expect.  

For those of you close enough, we do this every month. Come back and shoot with us again. You'll get more trigger time for sure.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Dont bother me, Im still sleeping. First chance I've had to sleep in the last 4 days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dont bother me, Im still sleeping. First chance I've had to sleep in the last 4 days.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to come home to two wired little boys...
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Lightweight....

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Very fun time.  Wendy and I were one of the ones that had to leave early, but even with that, we still had a blast.  

The shoot house was awesome.

Does anyone have the knowledge of how to get vhs or vhs-c tape onto the computer?  If I can get it done, I'd love to post some clip from the video I shot.

Stephen
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, I got home at 6 last night after eating and i just woke up(11:38am)... I didnt even do near what you guys did that set the thing up. It was tons of fun watching everyone and doing the team thing. I didnt get to do the individual but i got tons of raffel prizes to make up for it :). Im not sure if it was just there wasnt time or whether i didnt do something with my card properly. It doesnt matter though because im comming to the next one :D(btw i was the kid with the black sar2 and kobra site). Although i was totally nervous with so many people i did pretty well on the team thing i shot 8 shots and all shots were headshots in 22.4 :O. Anyway hope you still had a great birthday even with all the work you did Dirk!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man, I got home at 6 last night after eating and i just woke up(11:38am)... I didnt even do near what you guys did that set the thing up. It was tons of fun watching everyone and doing the team thing. I didnt get to do the individual but i got tons of raffel prizes to make up for it :). Im not sure if it was just there wasnt time or whether i didnt do something with my card properly. It doesnt matter though because im comming to the next one :D(btw i was the kid with the black sar2 and kobra site). Although i was totally nervous with so many people i did pretty well on the team thing i shot 8 shots and all shots were headshots in 22.4 :O. Anyway hope you still had a great birthday even with all the work you did Dirk!

We were running folks as fast as possible, there just was no way to get everyone through the individual course. Didnt even get to shoot it myself. Come one out for the Sept shoot, and you should get plenty of trigger time in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Hehe i thought that was why its no problem ill be comming every month i can now :). Plus i do think people that drive from way out of town should of gotten to do it like you guys did.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Have to echo everyone else here.  Thanks to everyone that put this together, I had a blast!  Just wish I didn't live so darn far away so I could make it every month.  Ah well, I'll still be trying to make it up there occasionally.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey all:

Thanks for a great event to all who worked to put it together and make it happen.  

Special thanks to the gentleman who thanked me for loaning him my rifle at a even some time in the past.  If you read this, you are most welcome.  The only reason I forgot about it is because I let so many people shoot my firearms that I sometimes forget.  

Heya Neil:  Any chance of posting the scores from the event?  After you rest, of course.

See you all later this month!

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!!! I want to thank all the participants, especially those folks that traveled from so far away! Unbelievable!!!! We had no idea that the response would be this great, it made all the sweat, stress and effort worthwhile, your patience was very appreciated and your enthusiasm gave us the energy to keep going. I want to thank all the folks that stepped up to help paste targets, build the house, keep an eye on the line and that just jumped in and helped out, many, many thanks. FDCC has really grown, we continue to improve our equipment, our processes,and the operation as a whole. I've been with FDCC just over a year and I think back to what we started with and every new idea someone brought up and how we continued to improve and how we have come such a long way in just a year. FDCC has continued to improve because folks stepped up and offered their ideas and took the reins to lead by example. I think one of the greatest things about FDCC is the fact that it remains open to anyone and their ideas. If someone wants to do something different, they are welcome to go for it, FDCC isn't stifled by one persons ideas like some organizations, nor is it limited by bureaucracy. You can shoot with the most high tech state of the art gear or a lowly mil surplus bolt action rifle. Everyone is welcome regardless of experience, no one should feel intimidated, women, kids, young & old, everyone is made to feel welcome, it's all in the spirit of fun.
Looking forward, we are working on solutions to speed up the matches, mainly the time associated with target resets & scoring and the ideas on the table involving steel targets should make that possible.
We hope that folks will continue to come shoot with us, it is the enthusiasm of the shooters that show up every month that drive us, without you, there would be no FDCC. Thank you again for giving us the drive to keep FDCC growing.

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is a vintage FDCC "old school" pic. It is well before our first anniversary. I'd guestimate its about our 7th shoot. Whats great about it is that 5 of the people in the pic are still with us. AEM, Paul, myself, Charles and Big_Guns. 3 others moved away after finishing school but still keep in touch. Only one of them we never heard from again.

There's as many people helping and participlating in set up now as there was participants then. We have come quite a long way due soley to the good help of great people.

FDCC FOR LIFE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#15]
It was good to see an old friend (Dru), and to make some new ones (556mm, jrussell), not to mention to meet all the FDCC crew in person, see the Lake City Range again, and burry the hatchet with another arfcommer (you know who you are).

Ya'll have inspired me to try again, frustrating as it may be, to get an SFDCC going, so hopefully we can get some cross-state rivalry kicking.

Barring that, my stopover in Gainesville re-acquainted me with some other old friends from my college days, and now that I have a place to crash if I want to come up for the shoots, I just might be seeing a little more of ya'll.  If you can tolerate my tactical yellow visor, and the muzzle blast from my triple taps from the DSA that is.

Neil, if you know how to get in touch with the second guy from the left in the back row, please let me know.  We were in school together at UF and used to come up to the shoots together, and I'd like to get back in touch with him.  Something tells me though that he's the one that was "never heard from again".
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you how much fun we had at the match.  The guys from my team have all been involved in organizing and running state level matches for pistol and shotgun, so we can really appreciate how much time and effort you spent to make this match happen.  What is completely amazing was the number of shooters you had attend the match.  We've never seen(or heard of for that matter)that kind of turn out for a tactical match.  The sponsorship you obtained for the match was also unbelieveable.

We not only had a great time, but we saw some things that we can take back to our neck of the woods.  The balloon targets were cool, and the staked holders for the 2x4's made constrution of your shoot house a breeze.

We definitely hope to make some more of your matches(despite the 5-6 hour drive), and hope to be able to invite you guys up for a match in the future.

Thanks for a great weekend - The Georgia Boys.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here is a vintage FDCC "old school" pic. It is well before our first anniversary. I'd guestimate its about our 7th shoot. Whats great about it is that 5 of the people in the pic are still with us. AEM, Paul, myself, Charles and Big_Guns. 3 others moved away after finishing school but still keep in touch. Only one of them we never heard from again.
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p774f5b99b26033091599db034452f85e/fdcc6aa5.jpg

There's as many people helping and participlating in set up now as there was participants then. We have come quite a long way due soley to the good help of great people.

FDCC FOR LIFE!

Heck yeah, I remember that(Thats the good Reverend on the far right).  Neil I so badly wanted to come, but a $400 plane ticket kind of dampened my will to go.  Are you planning on going to gunstock?  If so I will see you there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top