Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 7:13:44 AM EDT
so what is your favorite, or the best handgun to compete with in your opion?

i'll stir the pot first........1911 based open or limited gun, the way god and john browning meant for it to be.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything that's reliable!

My G35 for limited and limited 10

My Springfield for single stack and limited 10

My G17 or G19 for production

I'd also compete in production with an M&P, XD, FNP or CZ.  All are fine pistols.  

I'm torn between getting an FNP-45 or a CZ-75 with that sweet, sweet single action trigger for my next pistol purchase.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
MMMMM !!!!!  John Browning. Is there  ANYTHING that even compares. The correct answer is NO !!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
GOD shoots 1911 !
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
My XD (because I already own it and it's what I can afford)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Gavin.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#7]
CZ85Combat for high cap 9mm shooting.
Kimber 1911 for Heavy Metal (if I ever choose that).
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked my CZ75 when I had it.  Would like to get an SP01 some day.  The full size metal frame really tamed down the already mild 9mm round.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
.45 I use my CZ97B
9mm I use my CZ75B

I do have a SA Hi-Cap GI 1911-A1 that I may or may not turn into a hi-cap race gun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hi Gavin.

Who is this?  How did you get my name?  You don't have a black unmarked sedan, do you?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
.45 I use my CZ97B
9mm I use my CZ75B

I do have a SA Hi-Cap GI 1911-A1 that I may or may not turn into a hi-cap race gun.

build the race gun........come to the dark sidehock.gif
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
Hi Gavin.

dude, i don't think your supposed to use real names.. you have to say it like "hello toothless how are you today? will you be shooting your recycled popcorn bowl today or a all metal gun" i think that's the way you should have said it
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya, I know . Had a before bed nightcap. Maybe a little too big. Nope ,no black sedan. Red pickup.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Well for me it is Always going to be whatever I happen to be carrying.

Competition doodads mean little to me... but a good reliable handgun means a lot!
Take whatever pistol you carry and learn that gun and make it do for you what it needs to do is always the best course in my opinion!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well for me it is Always going to be whatever I happen to be carrying.

Competition doodads mean little to me... but a good reliable handgun means a lot!
Take whatever pistol you carry and learn that gun and make it do for you what it needs to do is always the best course in my opinion!

I like that.  

The only pistol I have shot in competition is my USP 9mm.  It has worked out great so far!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
In the past, its been my well used Sig P226. Ask me again after this next weekend if its changed to the newer SigPro 2009.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi Gavin.

dude, i don't think your supposed to use real names.. you have to say it like "hello toothless how are you today? will you be shooting your recycled popcorn bowl today or a all metal gun" i think that's the way you should have said it

Mine doesn't shoot 8" low and doesn't rust....oops, did I say that?  

But let it be known, Shooter could kick my ass with almost anything that shoots a projectile.  But I had to say it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
BHP
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
But you certainly have found out where the gas pedal is this year Rooster. Alot faster.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Hi Gavin.

dude, i don't think your supposed to use real names.. you have to say it like "hello toothless how are you today? will you be shooting your recycled popcorn bowl today or a all metal gun" i think that's the way you should have said ithoot

But let it be known, Shooter could kick my ass with almost anything that shoots a projectile.  But I had to say it!that would be 13" to be exact!!!!!!!! dude i see huge improvement in your skills this year. hang tough and just don't sacrifice points for speed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
To compete with, a 1911 based pistol.

To cover my ass, a Glock.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi Gavin.

Mine doesn't shoot 8" low and doesn't rust....oops, did I say that?  

But let it be known, Shooter could kick my ass with almost anything that shoots a projectile.  But I had to say it!

that would be 13" to be exact!!!!!!!! dude i see huge improvement in your skills this year. hang tough and just don't sacrifice points for speed.

Quoted:
But you certainly have found out where the gas pedal is this year Rooster. Alot faster.

I appreciate the vote of confidence!  I know I'm getting better bit by bit, but I'm trying to keep the demons at bay (they scream "GO GO GO").  I like the built in speed traps too, guys.  It's making me think.  

I love shooting the matches at LGC.  Even if it's a club match, there's just so many experienced shooters that help me out.  I'm sure every one else feels the same way!

Keep up the good work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top