Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2005 7:22:59 AM EDT
Does anyone on this board have any experience with Evan's Gunsmithing's Shooters World in Orange, Orange County? I am looking into sending them my Styer SSG and CA legal registered M1As to have some work done, and was wondering how they are.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:46:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 12:03:24 PM EDT by warlord]
No personal experience but from my understanding he's one of the few that is officially licensed by the CAL-DoJ to service AWs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 9:59:53 AM EDT by akjunkie]
Enterprise arms also has an AW gunsmith license.

http://www.entreprise.com

i tried Evans several years ago.. according to them, the Refused to work on any Com bloc weapons.

they will only work on American weapons. dont know about your Steyr Aug.

took my Yugo M90 to enterprise to have some work done to it. turn around time.. one week.

i think Enterprise is better equipped than Evans.. they manufacture complete Fal rifles, M14, Garand and AR receivers.

hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:59:12 AM EDT
I used to go to Entreprise before, but since their chief armouror (Lawrence) left last year, I did not return. Thats is the reason I ask about Evans.

BTW, I don't have an AUG, I have a SSG (bolt gun), which I would like to install an Ops Inc comp.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:05:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leungken:
BTW, I don't have an AUG, I have a SSG (bolt gun), which I would like to install an Ops Inc comp.

Since you really don't have a Calf. reg'd AW, the SSG is bolt gun, and the M1A(sans the flash suppressor) is not an AW in Calif so you have free to have any gunsmith to the job.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:41:54 PM EDT
Oops, was speed reading. Steyr SSG and M1a with flash hider or muzzle break?

if u in the san gabriel valley area.. u can try Bain n Davis off Del mar and Valley. i've had them work on my 1911's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:05:16 PM EDT
I have experience with Evans. I will tell you the good stuff first. His work is PERFECT, I have looked over the work he did to my AR with a fine tooth comb and put it up against a "factory" part and found it to match to the "T" So I would praise his work 100%

Now for the bad part. You WILL pay for quality... he is NOT cheap but I would pay good $$$ to get good work. And get him to give you a time frame... it took more than 2 weeks for me to get my stuff back.

But I need to TRUST the people that do work for me and as far as that goes with him... I trust him to the fullest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 5:54:48 PM EDT by leungken]
Ops Inc Muzzle Brake for the SSG, I know it is not an AW, but I want one that do great work

Both my M1As have flash hider, and are registered CA AW. I am looking into changing the stock into the Sage International stock with pistol grip, and convert one into either Scout or SOCOM 16 with either a Vortec F/H or Phantom F/H-Comp.

DrFridge, thanks for the input, do you have any pic of Evan's work?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:07:42 PM EDT

I used to go to Entreprise

Me too, and never again
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 8:07:13 PM EDT by leungken]
Me too, and never again
What happened?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:18:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 12:26:28 AM EDT by ocmike]
Work I've seen from Evan's over the years has been both good and bad. Seen some nice M1A's that had work done there and I've also seen one of the most beautiful M1A wood stocks fucked up by them because they couldn't even drill a simple hole anywhere near centered for a stud to mount a bipod. They also did a sloppy bedding job on the same stock now that I think about. After seeing that, I personally wouldn't let them touch anything of mine. I know a few people who take their stuff to "Gunsight" in Fullerton and have never had anything bad to say. The work I've seen done there has been good, think the guys name there is George. Could be wrong though it's been a while since I've been in there. If you're local it might be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:17:31 PM EDT

Ops Inc Muzzle Brake for the SSG, I know it is not an AW, but I want one that do great work

Both my M1As have flash hider, and are registered CA AW. I am looking into changing the stock into the Sage International stock with pistol grip, and convert one into either Scout or SOCOM 16 with either a Vortec F/H or Phantom F/H-Comp.

DrFridge, thanks for the input, do you have any pic of Evan's work?

You might want to contact forum member Hateca. You should see him post regularly in the Armory/Precision Rifle forum. He does quality work on bolt guns and for something like the muzzle brake, he should do an excellent job. Evan's is ok, though sometimes he behaves like he's a can shy of a six pack.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:57:29 AM EDT
I used to frequent Evan's range and a friend of mine had Evan do some work on his 1911 there. Evan does good work, that's for sure, but we don't go there due to some differences of opinion. That's a personal matter however, and not related to his smithing.
Top Top