Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 3:31:04 PM EDT
I have .....last night.

Cost me $11.60 to get a new tag.
What kind of low life would steal a license plate ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have .....last night.

the same kind that'd steal anything else, I've never had the plate stolen, but I've had the decal stolen a couple of times.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have .....last night.

Nice way to cover your tracks from robbing that convenience store, huh?
Just kidding! I have had the decal lifted off of the plate. I now cut all of them with a razor after I install them on the plate. Chances are somebody couldn't afford the tag so they lifted yours for a temporary  reprieve.
If not, I'm sure the police will visit you one night by kicking in your door and cuffing everybody in the house! To prevent that, make sure you make a police report!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I did report it .

While getting the tag at the Tag Agency a lady told me about a story kinda like yours, danc46.

I am the only one that uses handcuffs in my house
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have .....last night.

Nice way to cover your tracks from robbing that convenience store, huh?
Just kidding! I have had the decal lifted off of the plate. I now cut all of them with a razor after I install them on the plate. Chances are somebody couldn't afford the tag so they lifted yours for a temporary  reprieve.
If not, I'm sure the police will visit you one night by kicking in your door and cuffing everybody in the house! To prevent that, make sure you make a police report!

Those little stickers are supposed to be pre cut. They should not come off in one piece after they are installed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
There are several reasons why tags are stolen, sometimes they are driving an unregistered vehicle and steal a tag rather than register it, sometimes tags are stolen to be used on stolen cars, so while the Police might be looking for a certain description with a specific tag number, if they switch tags or steal a tag, sometimes they can get away with it, of course if the Police run the tag, if it's been reported stolen it should come up that way on the computer.

A smart criminal will find a tag that matches the description of the stolen vehicle, say they steal a white Impala, if they are smart, they will find another white Impala and switch tags, often the owner of the car won't notice the tags have been switched and won't report it, and if the Police run the tag it will come back with something that will pass for the right model.  It's been a few years(!) since I was in law enforcement, back then the State of Oklahoma didn't keep track of vehicle colors, many other states do, that's helpful for the officers as long as it hasn't been repainted a different color.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#6]
OOPS! I need to get the tag for my car, was due last month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top