Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:14:48 PM EDT
Hop this isn't a dupe.  Saw on the local news that some of  the refugees evacuees (must be politically correct) are now in South Bend.  Anyone know any more info on this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
wouldnt suprise me one bit
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the State Fair gounds has some too..
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My mom told me there were housing evacuees in South Bend. I just don't remember where she said or how many she said.
I also seen in the Indy star that there are evacuees being housed at the fairgrounds.
I heard somewhere there is a rental company in Indy somewhere that is foregoing the first 2 mths rent and no security deposit to help the evacuees get on their feet and a permanent place to stay.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I think there is 200-250 in Indy.  We are looking at giving some of them jobs.  We could probably put 100 of them to work today, but it won't work out that way, I guarantee it.

I am just glad it is not my project.  I reach a point where I feel the stupidity of living there is not my problem.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I had heard that there were some in Grand Rapids and Kzoo MI, but I haven't heard anything about any in South Bend.
I wouldn't doubt it though, maybe ND?
I figured they would be in Goshen soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that they were going to house some of them in appartments around the 38th and Highschool area... I don't know what appartments in that area they will use because most of them are full of illegals.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hop this isn't a dupe.  Saw on the local news that some of  the refugees evacuees (must be politically correct) are now in South Bend.  Anyone know any more info on this?

Ok I searched the South Bend Tribune and came up with 2 articles, both about the same thing. One woman went with 2 buses to bring evacuees back. She didn't bring as many back as hoped, but brought some back who are now living with families throughout the SB area.
2nd story
first story

As far as Indianapolis goes, you can only do a 7 day search and this is what I found.
first story
second story
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about South Bend but I have seem that they put a bunch in Indy and here in Lafayette.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top