Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:22:29 PM EDT
I am not afiliated with Collar City Auctions in anyway.  I just posted this as a point of information for those that need firearms.

EVERYTHING SELLS TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!!!
OUTSTANDING ESTATE FIREARMS COLLECTION AUCTION:

On-Site Regardless of Weather, Auction Site: The Auction Center, 9423 Western Turnpike, Delanson, NY (Rte. 20 Duanesburg), This auction contains the nicest antique and collectible firearms auction this area has seen in many years. Approx. “200” High-end Collectible Antique Rifles, Shotguns, Rare Pistols, Swords, Bayonets, Books, Ammo, Reloading Equipment and Military Collected By One Individual from Rotterdam, NY. Springfield, J.P. Sauer, Parker Brothers, Many Early American and Rare German Rifles and Pistols, Bayonets Etc. Federal Firearms License: 6-14-093-07-8H-00730.

COMPLETE GUN LIST
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife would kill for that Colt 1911 USGI.  That guy had a friggin armory!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
So did anybody go?

I went lots of cool stuff there

I don't think there were any bargins.

Quiite a few guns went for above $1000. Some more than $2000

And some people just plain paid too much for what they were getting
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How much for the pre-bans?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm guessing you mean the AR15...they went for about $1100. Thats the price I remember. I know they weren't under $1000. The WASR with all the 70 rd mags went for $1400

Like I said there wasn't any real bargins. If you're the paranoid type and the guns were sold "off paper" then it may be worth paying the prices. All BATF rules were followed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing you mean the AR15...they went for about $1100. Thats the price I remember. I know they weren't under $1000. The WASR with all the 70 rd mags went for $1400

Like I said there wasn't any real bargins. If you're the paranoid type and the guns were sold "off paper" then it may be worth paying the prices. All BATF rules were followed.

That's not a great deal at all.

Glad I didn't miss anything.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
1100 for the colt preban seems pretty good compared to what one of the dealers around here was selling a colt preban for.....btw how cool are those Johnson 30-06s???
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1100 for the colt preban seems pretty good compared to what one of the dealers around here was selling a colt preban for.....btw how cool are those Johnson 30-06s???

I think only 1 of the Colt ARs was a preban.

Well I have admit I didn't know much about the Johnsons until a guy there started telling me about them. They were a thing of beauty though. I ws interested in the G43 but like I said there were no bargins to be had. Even Post 64 Winchester 94s were going for $300. That might be a little cheaper than what Walmart has them for ( I haven't priced them lately ) but its not a steal
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think only 1 of the Colt ARs was a preban.

Well I have admit I didn't know much about the Johnsons until a guy there started telling me about them. They were a thing of beauty though. I ws interested in the G43 but like I said there were no bargins to be had. Even Post 64 Winchester 94s were going for $300. That might be a little cheaper than what Walmart has them for ( I haven't priced them lately ) but its not a steal

I believe a recent copy of American Rifleman had an article about the Johnson rifles and how they saw some use in WWII
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
i was there ..  it was fun ...  didnt buy anything ..   i was also interested in the g43 .. but left before it was auctioned off .. when i saw the remington 700 go for 700 plus bucks, and the 30-30s go for 300, and other guns go for to much, i new i was in for a long night ... i left RIGHT after the rem 700 was auctioned off .. there were some real high end guns there that went for 2-3000 ... altho i had no idea what any of those guns were worth ..  

oh well .. i knew it wasnt going to be a deal anyways ..  when the guy up front spent a TON of money on that ak47 with all the drum mags .. he was smokin somethin ..  he spent way to much ....  i guess he had the preban fever .. when he saw those mags ..
later
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone happen to look at the 1921 Thompson replica?  What type of drum was on it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:07:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i was there ..  it was fun ...  didnt buy anything ..   i was also interested in the g43 .. but left before it was auctioned off .. when i saw the remington 700 go for 700 plus bucks, and the 30-30s go for 300, and other guns go for to much, i new i was in for a long night ... i left RIGHT after the rem 700 was auctioned off .. there were some real high end guns there that went for 2-3000 ... altho i had no idea what any of those guns were worth ..  

oh well .. i knew it wasnt going to be a deal anyways ..  when the guy up front spent a TON of money on that ak47 with all the drum mags .. he was smokin somethin ..  he spent way to much ....  i guess he had the preban fever .. when he saw those mags ..
later

The Remington 700 was that the one with the bipod and plastic stock? The AK with all the drum mags kinda had me scratching my head. I was talking to one guy that thought he was going to get Keltc 2000 for a song. He looked so dejected when it went for reatail price.

I did look at the Thompson but not in any real detail. It sticks in my head that went for a few hundred bucks. I don't get that acoipl of hundred $ for a gun that doesn't even fire
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My wife would kill for that Colt 1911 USGI.  That guy had a friggin armory!

One guy was saying this was only half of the guys gun collection. Don't know if its true or not.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#14]
How about that AK47 Gattaling Gun...Never seen anything like that.

I bet there were ringers in their. Kept increasing prices after some poor slob put a bid in for below retail.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I bet there were ringers in their. Kept increasing prices after some poor slob put a bid in for below retail.

Typical gun auction behavior. People loose their state of mind when they get involved in bidding. And I think the auction house ends up charging an auction fee as a percentage of the selling price IIRC. I think they call it the 'buyers premium' or some other term.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Typical gun auction behavior. People loose their state of mind when they get involved in bidding. And I think the auction house ends up charging an auction fee as a percentage of the selling price IIRC. I think they call it the 'buyers premium' or some other term.

Yeah..the Auction house charges the buyer a premium, usually 10-15% and they also charge the seller a premium, often another 10-15%.  I was just at an aution of a gun shop out on Long Island, where they were selling off the ammo. I think the auctioneer was also pulling bids out of the air, and forceing some bids as well. He had me down for a few bids when I clearly dropped out of the bidding. There were some deals, but a lot of stuff was going for retail. Best place to buy guns and ammo is at a garage sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top