Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 7:02:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 7:03:16 PM EDT by Bladerunner]
After over 3 years in job exile in New York City, I am back at my house in Norfolk. Hopefully, this is our last move after 29 years in the Army. Norfolk will be our home until I decide to really retire. Then, I am dreaming about some land in the Shenandoah Valley.

I am looking forward to seeing some of you from the Tidewater area at the local ranges. I have met some of you during the Blackwater training back in May, if that was representative of the rest of the state, the Virginia members are a fine group.

We left New York City (Brooklyn/Staten Island actually) last Friday, returning to our house in the Larchmont/Edgewater area of Norfolk, which I have owned for over 8 years now. It appears I will be starting work for a large defense contractor here in the Tidewater area at the end of October. Meanwhile, I have the month off ("terminal leave"), once I get all of our stuff unpacked and the house settled.

It feels great to be back in the area now. I was assigned here from 1997 to 2002 and visited here frequently during the last 3 years checking on my house and visiting friends. I know this area very well and it was good to have that feeling of coming home.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:46:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:12:36 AM EDT
Welcome back!
So, Is NY really that bad? Just curious...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:17:57 AM EDT
Good deal! Welcome back!

How's that M1a doin'?!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:39:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Good deal! Welcome back!

How's that M1a doin'?!

The M1A still doesn't have a single round through it "yet". I had stored all my guns at Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk. Once we get done unpacking I am going to give it a nice Smith Mount/Rings and mount the Leupold Mk4 LR/T.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:43:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RSF45:
Welcome back!
So, Is NY really that bad? Just curious...

New York State isn't that bad (mostly a continuation of the "post-ban" environment), but New York City lives up to it's very bad anti-gun reputation. There are a lot of great AR15.com members in the NYC and New Jersey area that manage to get around the restrictions on their RKBA.

Top Top