Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 7:02:21 PM EDT
After over 3 years in job exile in New York City, I am back at my house in Norfolk. Hopefully, this is  our last move after 29 years in the Army.  Norfolk will be our home until I decide to really retire. Then, I am dreaming about some land in the Shenandoah Valley.

I am looking forward to seeing some of you from the Tidewater area at the local ranges.  I have met some of you during the Blackwater training back in May, if that was representative of the rest of the state, the Virginia members are a fine group.

We left New York City (Brooklyn/Staten Island actually) last Friday, returning to our house in the Larchmont/Edgewater area of Norfolk, which I have owned for over 8 years now. It appears I will be starting work for a large defense contractor here in the Tidewater area at the end of October. Meanwhile, I have the month off ("terminal leave"), once I get all of our stuff unpacked and the house settled.

It feels great to be back in the area now. I was assigned here from 1997 to 2002 and visited here frequently during the last 3 years checking on my house and visiting friends. I know this area very well and it was good to have that feeling of coming home.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back!
So, Is NY really  that bad? Just curious...

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Good deal! Welcome back!

How's that M1a doin'?!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good deal! Welcome back!

How's that M1a doin'?!

The M1A still doesn't have a single round through it "yet".  I had stored all my guns at Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk.  Once we get done unpacking I am going to give it a nice Smith Mount/Rings and mount the Leupold Mk4 LR/T.

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome back!
So, Is NY really  that bad? Just curious...

New York State isn't that bad (mostly a continuation of the "post-ban" environment), but New York City lives up to it's very bad anti-gun reputation. There are a lot of great AR15.com members in the NYC and New Jersey area that manage to get around the restrictions on their RKBA.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top