Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:51:45 PM EDT
Need a lower receiver engraved. Where can this be accomplished? Rather not ship it out. Only need 2 lines for an SBR
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
nobody.....?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of engraving are you looking for?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Dremel
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Artistic Engraving has pictures of 1911 slides they engraved on their site.  You might call them and ask about a lower.  Let me know what they say and charge.

http://www.artisticengraving.biz/301.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sent mine to Orion arms in MN.

Damn good work, and turn around was cheap.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Artistic Engraving has pictures of 1911 slides they engraved on their site.  You might call them and ask about a lower.  Let me know what they say and charge.

http://www.artisticengraving.biz/301.html

FYI: nowhere on their site does it state that they hold a gunsmith license.
I believe to be in compliance with ATF regs the SBR engraving must be done by licensed (FFL) gunsmith.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked around for someone local as well, but didn't have any luck. Of course there are trophy shops that use diamond drag engraving, but I was not satisfied with the resulting chipping of the anno....ie. it looked like shit on the "test upper" I used.  I guess it depends on the results you want.

Just sent mine off Orion Arms this week for SBR engravings.  They appear to do VERY good work.  I'm going to have the piece for life, and I didn't want to be kicking myself for going cheap on the engraving every time I looked at it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What type of engraving are you looking for?

Just need to do the lower receiver engraving for my SBR with (I believe) my name, city and state.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you send it stripped?
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I looked around for someone local as well, but didn't have any luck. Of course there are trophy shops that use diamond drag engraving, but I was not satisfied with the resulting chipping of the anno....ie. it looked like shit on the "test upper" I used.  I guess it depends on the results you want.

Just sent mine off Orion Arms this week for SBR engravings.  They appear to do VERY good work.  I'm going to have the piece for life, and I didn't want to be kicking myself for going cheap on the engraving every time I looked at it.

yea besides the 2 of you in this thread talking about Orion, its what I hear elsewhere. I want it to look correct and not like shit on a rifle with as much time I've spent on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Just give that bitch the electro-pencil.

If it were mine, I would send it to Orion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you send it stripped?

Yes.

Link Posted: 4/26/2009 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]
If you go to the Orion web site they explain their needs pretty well.  

1)  - The front of the magwell is the only location that does not require a completely stripped lower.

- Fixed stocks and buffer tubes must be removed.

- Collapsible stock buffer tubes can remain but the buttstock, buffer and spring MUST be removed.

2)  Right Hand Side - Left Hand Side - Trigger Guard

- These locations require a completely stripped lower.   This includes the bolt catch assembly.

** The front takedown pin can remain installed if not easily removable.

** Standard pivoting trigger guards can remain installed if not easily removable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Sent mine into Orion on the 22nd and just received tracking info back to me for tomorrow the 28th.  Website says 4-6 weeks, but this is damn fast turn around.  I'll let you know how it looks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
FYI Got my lower back yesterday.  Looks great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top