Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2012 1:01:35 PM EDT
I posted these questions / requests in my other, older threads so no idea if anyone actually saw them. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: shooting on land

Originally Posted By DJinGA:
I looked up Ellijay and Gilmer on Municode, and the only thing I could find was that it is illegal to discharge in the city of Ellijay (except in defense).  Just wondering if I missed anything, and what the city/county police feel about local gun owners.  The property is not inside city limits, so I guess county police/Sheriff's office is all that really matters.

Re: buying land

Just an update - we're considering an offer on some property in Ellijay.  Anyone live in/know the area that could point us towards some folks?

In particular, we need to get some info and possibly an esimate on drilling a well and clearing some of the land.  I found a company that drills wells on 52, but if anyone has personal experience with anyone I'd love to get their info.  For clearing the land, we'd need a front end loader for probably 2-3 days and someone to chip/shred some of the smaller trees.

Lastly the property is past the end of the "county maintained" portion of a road - anyone know what responsibilities property owners have for maintaining their portion of a road?

Link Posted: 5/17/2012 1:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2012 1:33:30 PM EDT by treedawg]
I posted these questions / requests in my other, older threads so no idea if anyone actually saw them. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: shooting on land

I looked up Ellijay and Gilmer on Municode, and the only thing I could find was that it is illegal to discharge in the city of Ellijay (except in defense).  Just wondering if I missed anything, and what the city/county police feel about local gun owners.  The property is not inside city limits, so I guess county police/Sheriff's office is all that really matters.

Re: buying land

Just an update - we're considering an offer on some property in Ellijay.  Anyone live in/know the area that could point us towards some folks?

In particular, we need to get some info and possibly an esimate on drilling a well and clearing some of the land.  I found a company that drills wells on 52, but if anyone has personal experience with anyone I'd love to get their info.  For clearing the land, we'd need a front end loader for probably 2-3 days and someone to chip/shred some of the smaller trees.

Lastly the property is past the end of the "county maintained" portion of a road - anyone know what responsibilities property owners have for maintaining their portion of a road?

Around here the owner maintains their portion of the road to their satisfaction which will vary wildly depending on their desire, skill level, available equipment ETC.

The property you are looking at could be covered by a covenant which may or may not spell out your road maintenance responsibilities as a land owner.

Some people will take pride in their portion of the road while others won't do anything as long as the road is navigable in a lifted 4x4 running 38" mud tires.

Can't help you with the well.

TD
Top Top