Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 6:18:01 PM EDT
Anyone going to Elk Neck tomorrow?
The weather's looking ok (59F, 0% chance of rain), and I have a new EOTech and a stack of 20rd mags to try out.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, but I'll be at Mariottsville.    
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Im gonna be either at Hap Baker or the NRA range today.  Gotta see if I can get my AIMclone working correctly and probably go through around 200-300 rounds through my 1911.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Going Tuesday after work. Son has a soccer game Sunday. Have fun be safe.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#4]
How was the crowd there today? What time did you go? Any word on your Taurus purchase from Jim's Outdoor?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Crowd was ok, I had two benches all to myself on the far righthand side, I only got hit by brass twice by some guy with a Mini14. It was really windy out, so my target stand blew over after we went hot for the first time. I ended up just getting the EOTech aimed to the same point as the irons while waiting for a cease fire (it was my own dumb fault, my target stand is just PVC piping, and the dirt I put in the bottom legs isnt heavy enough to hold it down; I need to upgrade them to lead sinkers or something).

The EOTech is certainly a fun piece of gear, I kept all my shots on a 3" orange stick-on at 25yds without even trying to aim, but when I put it out at 100yds I couldnt hit anything since the stickies were so small (I'd left my B&W targets sitting in front of my gunsafe when I'd gone through the bag to make sure I had everything this morning).

Jim's still hasnt called me, I guess Taurus has to order'em from Brazil or something. Its been over a month.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top