Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:48:24 AM EDT
I caught the Edd Hendee show this morning and he was comparing "assault weapons" to landmines and flamethrowers.  He said that "assault weapons" are easily convertible to fully-automatic, and that letting the ban end was not a good way to win undecided voters.

I've already email Edd  letting him know that he was way off base.  Here's the contact page if you want to do so as well:  www.ksevradio.com/Contact.asp?Email=Edd

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#1]
ed is a nut.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Edd replies:

I'm not ashamed of myself at all.  My job is to discuss and offer opinion.  If that differs from yours - that's fine.  You shouldn't be ashamed of yourself either - but if you want to "win" the public - I suggest you and the other NRA members get a bit smarter on this.

Edd

In my email I told him he should be ashamed for misleading people by equating "assault weapons" with landmines, flamethrowers and atomic bombs.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
That’s how he thinks.  700 is an “old guard” republican radio station.  All the sponsors and hosts are rich white men who want to stay rich.  The way they do that is to convince you that you’re a republican by focusing on religion, abortion and how big government is bad.  Examples would be the swift boat veterans, lee brown or metro.  They don’t want to talk about the second amendment except how it applies to deer hunting and not “the security of a free state”.  After a week of their same tired rhetoric I will tune into 950 for a few days.  

I think the worst move they made was firing John Mathews.  Sure he exposed himself to a child but he was the only interesting host they had.  Half the time I tune in they are talking about how I can better invest my money.  Snoooooooorrrrrr

Conversely Chris Baker kicked ass yesterday evening.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard the same thing this morning.  I started an e-mail but have not finished yet.  He will be hearing from me.  His understanding of the AWB is very limited.  Sounds like he's been listening to Clinton News Network or something.

I'm off to buy my 6 position stock!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed him back:

This has nothing to do with opinion, that is about facts and your disregard for them.  The AW ban did not affect the private ownership of automatic weapons.  A semi-automatic rifle is not the same thing as a machine gun.  Which direction are you swinging the undecided voters when you make wild generalizations that are completely untrue?

You spoke of an all or nothing approach to gun ownership by NRA members.  The AW ban was the another step down the "nothing" path.  Read the documents from the VPC and the Brady Campaign.  The AW ban was part of a "divide and conquer" strategy to disarm citizens.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad I was out of town this morning or I would have probably swerved off the road into a ditch! :D  Sorry I missed Baker yesterday though.  Edd can be a real moron, but then again so can Chris Baker.

I get very tired of listening to the same old garbage from both KSEV and KPRC.  Frankly, I think both stations would do well to ditch most of their local programming and add more quality national programming.  As for KSEV telling me how to invest my money, that's not nearly as bad as the "Thyroid" show....hink
Lately I've started tuning both of them out more and more and listening to books on tape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top