Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 9:31:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/9/2004 9:31:58 AM EST by GreyWolf36]
Once again I was lured into going to another disappointing Gunshow put on by Eastman's, the price gouging was terrible....ie NIW 30rd mags for $35....do the dealers think we are that stupid?
another example lower parts kits...$76 they obviously have lost there minds......also where are the real shows at ??? this thing was/is lame....no real dealers with anything IMHO worth buying.... anybody else go???? what did you think????

OK done ranting....I'll just continue to order online from folks that understand the way we think

Greywolf out
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:43:57 PM EST
Typical of most gunshows. The Eastman show I went to in Atlanta was alot better then some of the shows I get in Augusta. Normally there are a few deals there if you find them.

Ammo has been hard to find though.

No $5000 ARs?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:18:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2004 3:47:36 AM EST by bmick325]
The Jacksonville, FL gun show used to be pretty good, but I haven't been to one in about 10 yrs.
When I was living in FL; I would go to the shows in J-ville, Melbourne and West Palm Beach. On the average, the Florida shows had much better prices and selection than anything in Georgia. BTW, ATL guys the show in Birmingham, AL is outstanding. I would reccomend that everyone travel around and go to some shows outside their local area. Handguns might be a no-go, and you may not save any money, but it's a good way to spend a Saturday and you might find a killer deal.

IMHO, The purpose of current gun shows is to serve as a marketing tool and offer dealers greater visibility to customers than they would have in their store-front operations. Their purpose is not to save you, the customer, any money.

Before anyone gets riled up, I was raised in the gun business and my dad was a collector and FFL dealer. FFL dealers, I'm not busting your chops. I also know how hard it is for some guys to make a buck in this business.

I go to the shows with the expectation that I will see list price on everything. If I find something that's a good deal, I'm delighted. I also remember who seems to be pricing competetively and treating customers well. I will give them repeat business and possibly pay them a visit at their shop. If a guy's a prick and his prices are outrageous, I will remember him and he won't get a dime of my money.
Top Top