Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:13:14 PM EDT
Yeah it's supposed to be cold.  Big fat hairy deal.  My AK's can take it, and I'm a big boy so I can too.  

A few friends and I will be going down to Hamburg Bend WMA next to the OPPD plant by Nebraska City--anyone who cares to join us is more than welcome.    PM or email me for directions if you need 'em.

We'll be there with SKS's and AK's galore, and probably somewhere around 1500-ish rounds of ammo.  Should be a fun 45 minutes
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What time ya going?
I might be able to go, but it would be around noon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
i have to be up early during the weekdays--i don't get up before 9:30 on weekends.  

we'll probably be leaving the omaha area (b'vue) around 11-ish i'd guess, putting us at Hamburg Bend around 11:40 or so.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to make it. ( I should know by tomorrow morning.
IM me or post directions or better yet the lat/lon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Latitude:  40.59315  Longitude:  -95.76712

Take 75 south to Nebraska City.  Stay on 75 because the area is actually just south of NE City.  

You'll come to a 4-way stoplight and will be facing East.  Turn right.

The road will widen out to a 4-lane divided; take the left lane.

You'll see a big black and orange sign for OPPD on the left side of the road about a half mile down.  Take that left.

Follow that road down and then up a couple hills.  You'll eventually be on a ridge on the river valley.  Go down the ridge and across the train tracks, and as the road curves to the left there will be a gravel road on your right.  Take that gravel road and follow it until it ends.  That's the parking area for hamburg bend.

Once you're there, it shouldn't be too tough to find us.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How was the Shoot.
I would of enjoyed,
however I traveled to North Platte (my home town) for the same thing. Coyote Hunting.
It is the Best.

I own a Saiga .223 and want to know if anyone knows where I can have someone convert it for a pistol Grip .
Let Me Know PLEASE
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
We had a great time!

I'll reiterate what I said in our PM conversation--Dave at Elite firearms has slacked recently, and has also taken to trying to screw people over in the EE and on gunbroker.  check with AK-USA (www.akusa.com i believe) about their conversions.  I know they do a hell of a job, but have no idea as to price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top