Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 6:52:54 PM EDT
Well, it's like an early winter for me here in Ft. Lewis.  Day temps are somewhere in the mid 70s and it chilly cold at night.  

Been pretty rainy too.  Been rained on about half the days we've been here.  

Been stacked up with classes and training sessions.  Just got issued our Interceptor body armor this evening.  It uses some sort of cermic plate that is rated to stop a 7.62 round point blank.  The plates are thick, one front and one back.  The rest is lined with Kevlar.  MOLLE straps front and back.  It's heavier than the old frag vests and more restrictive as well.   But we won't need a seperate MOLLE vest or LCE/LBV.

They've got plenty of training sessions stacked up for us, including range sessions where we live fire from a moving truck.

For those new, I'm with the Nevada Guard 1864th Transportation Company in Henderson, currently in Ft. Lewis, WA, mobilizing to go to Iraq.   We drive line haul trucks.   Basically 18 wheelers--though ours are 22 since it's a triple axle trailer.

If you want to shoot me an email to which I'll send out mass-mail updates to, contact me at [email protected].
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here....

[email protected]

Best of luck!!

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Luck and God Speed!

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They've got plenty of training sessions stacked up for us, including range sessions where we live fire from a moving truck.

Drive-by shooting class? JK

Enjoy your time up there. I'm sure you'll be learning lots. BTW, don't you miss that dry desert heat?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#5]
KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN, BUD  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
You have my gratitude and appreciation for your service. Keep your powder dry and come home safe.

Gods speed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Glenn, it's good to hear from you and I am glad that you are finally settled and able to e-mail us. Just the same as Wolfpack, if you need anything just holler.....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like the updates as well.  [email protected]

Godspeed!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top