Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 3:48:39 PM EDT
Guys,

I've been thinking of coordinating a E. TN Survival Weekend in October as precursor to the SE Regionall Get Together in GA.

What I had in mind was a short 1.5 mile hump after work on a Friday and overnight in Smokey Mountain camp site no.1.  This would make it easy for those of you that have to work on Saturdays to bugout early Saturday and others can stay for a day of additional hiking. A short overnighter is really great for first time BOB gear checkout.

We can meet at the Abrams Falls ranger station for a 6:30 to 7:00 PM take off which should allow most people time to get there from work.

Friday night we can get to know each other and compare gear and survial techniques around a blazing campfire.  We can also discuss the upcoming Regional Get Together and possibly go as a contingent.  Being the only one from TN, I was a bit outnumbered by all those GA guys.

Let me know if there is some interest and what weekend works best. I would prefer the first weekend since we have Gunstock coming up and next weekend is the gunshow.  

It goes without being said that of course our fellow members from anywhere are invited to attend.  Also those members not up to a 1.5 mile hump can set up camp in the Abrams Falls campground and car camp thus dividing into two groups which would be a good test for FRS radios which I have extras.

Let me know what you think?

Tj
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Im so there in 18 months. Wish I could make it sooner but Im making mad money here but I will be moving back to blount in 18 months and I promiss Im counting the days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top