Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 9:35:11 PM EDT
It just aint gonna be the same without Edgar in the lineup. I'll never forget being at the '95 division series and watching him hit the salami and the series winning hit.

Edgar is a class act.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Edgar is absolutely a class act.  I hope he comes back on board as the batting coach.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you guys talking football in here?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Edgar is absolutely a class act.  I hope he comes back on board as the batting coach.

Thats my prediction. Molitor was a hell of a hitter in his day. I wonder hiow he is doing as batting coach.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Just make him the coach/manager whatever, it's not like they could suck worse than they did this year.

Thankfully I hate baseball anyway.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just make him the coach/manager whatever, it's not like they could suck worse than they did this year.

Everry time I go to a game, be it football, soccer, basketball or baseball, high school or pro, my team loses. Every stinking time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everry time I go to a game, be it football, soccer, basketball or baseball, high school or pro, my team loses. Every stinking time.

If you could prove that it actually happens with repeatable results, we could make a killing with Vegas sports books.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Phil, unrelated but interesting, my family (extended, not immediate) was in Vegas to watch their UW-M Badgers play (my cousin is on the team), and the entire Wisconsin crowd (like 25k fans showed up!) had been betting on their team. Well, UW-M was kicking ass and a car hit an electric pole and knocked out the lights. Apparently, the game was called due to the lights going out, several minutes before the point where the leading team would be awared the victory. Had the car not hit the pole, it would almost certainly have been the largest payot in the history of betting on college football. Lots of conspiracy theories to go with that one.

At least thats what Grandma tells me. This was a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't ever hijack my thread!

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Must not be any air marshalls on this flight.

Take this post to the nearest bar!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats my prediction. Molitor was a hell of a hitter in his day. I wonder hiow he is doing as batting coach.

I don't know how you could judge Molitor's performance in a year like this.  The M's were a revolving door at so many positions, and BA's  were generally  down (except for Ichiro) was my take on it.   It wouldn't be surprising to see the whole coaching staff  change.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the Puyallup gun show in Monroe this weekend?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please tell me you are a Husky fan and will be coming to the Apple Cup this year.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Is the Puyallup gun show in Monroe this weekend?

Quoted:

IT'S A TARP!!!!

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
So, now Melvin can join Edgar in the unemployment line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top