Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 9:10:57 AM EDT
Just wanted to tell all how my first crab trip of the year went.
We left the portland area friday night and stayed in tillamook across from the cheese plant at an rv park. The park was clean and cheep, what more could you want.
The 7 of us then drove to garibaldi where we had reserved 2 boats from the marrina. We had 6 hours to crab and the day was cool and cooudy, great crab weather.
All together we got 50 dungeness and 2 small rock crab. Not bad for 6 hours.
Back at camp we boiled them up in a keg that I cut the top off of and an old turky cooker stand I modified to use a weed burner. It will boil 25 gallons of watter in about 7 miutes and sounds something like a jet taking off.
It was a good time that we plan on doing again real soon.  Any other crabberes out there?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Mmmmm..   Dungeness.

Taste Critters, Indeed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.  There is nothing like a good ole crab feed!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So when are you going to have us over?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bluecrabs and Stone crab (if your lucky) in this area.

Dungeness crabs rule, wish I could get them here
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
King crab, from Alaska where the wife's from.  The best.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Spent a fair amount of time hauling up crab rings. Always enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I crab in garibaldi also great crabbing but dont tell anyone
and stay at barveiw jetty park which is a lot closer to the marina

We usually limit out with more crab than we can eat but nothing like setting by the
camp fire and grubbing on crab.

here is a crabbing story.

I and my wife limited out one day and while i was loading the boat she was cleaning
them at the dock and we caught a monster crab it was huge.
my wife set it aside to do last and show it to me and this guy at the dock saw it
and said "thats a really big crab. That crab is mine" my wife thought he was kidding and
didnt think much of it then she turned away for a momment to put some in the cooler
and when she got back the guy was gone and so was the crab.

no biggy since we had plenty but strange
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Pribbz, I thought you Minnesotans liked the Hamms, so don't
you know that cold beer goes well with crab?

Anyway, sorry for the potshot but I didn't see you at the last Practical
Rifle match.  You gonna make it next month?

Spambo
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Hamms,,,,,  good stuff but i prefer Miller Light .  Ha ha     I havent made it to the last 2 shoots due to side work.  You know how it is , got to get while the getting is good.  I hope to be at the next one, its to much fun to miss out on.

Good electricion will work for ammo, or guns.  shameless plug.  

Hope to see all you guys at the next one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Pribbz, out gettin' crabs again...  I thought you promised to stay away from those gun toting honeys on the west side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top